• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW1 Photo

John Lever

Screenshot_20211024-143127.png

B-Man2

So ….I’m wondering who captured who in this photo . Since the German soldier still has all of his gear on , I’d guess the British soldier might be the POW here.

Enigma1938

It was the last war when something like chivalry and respect for each other was shown, even the fightings were extremely fierce.
Something like the Christmas peace event 1914 never happened again in following conflicts.
Or some officers in the flying corps who invited shot down enemies to a cup of tea and a good chat...
That were different times I guess

Chandler

Something like the Christmas peace event 1914 never happened again in following conflicts.
Well, it never happened again during the rest of WW1, either, because the commanding officers put their collective feet down. God forbid anyone look human.

So yeah, chivalry or not, it was still a war and men were still more than savage.

Last edited:

ausreenactor

It was the last war when something like chivalry and respect for each other was shown, even the fightings were extremely fierce.
Or some officers in the flying corps who invited shot down enemies to a cup of tea and a good chat...
That were different times I guess

Now Police will jump you if you are sitting on a park bench with a mask on because they THINK you MIGHT be outside your 5km limit for personal exercise...

Great time to be alive.