• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wright field patch

Weasel_Loader

Who was it here that had a A-2 patched with the Wright field patch? Never really cared too much for patched A-2s, but always admired Doolittle and gave it some thought to add one when I get an A-2. ;)

Weasel_Loader

I found a couple of reproduction Wright Field patches (thanks John), but they all differ slightly (text, size of arrow, etc.) The only period photo I can find of one is the example on the Goodwear site with Doolittle. Any others out there?

DoolittleCrew.jpg

I believe this one was done by Roberto. This one looks pretty close to what Doolittle is wearing. The only difference is the height of the arrow on the left side from Doolittle's.

WRIGHTFIELD1.jpg

This is a another nice version but the angles on the arrow do not match up with Doolittle's. The length of the arrow seems too short too.

WRIGHTFIELD2.jpg

FlyingToastman

Weasel_Loader said:
I found a couple of reproduction Wright Field patches (thanks John), but they all differ slightly (text, size of arrow, etc.) The only period photo I can find of one is the example on the Goodwear site with Doolittle. Any others out there?

DoolittleCrew.jpg

I believe this one was done by Roberto. This one looks pretty close to what Doolittle is wearing. The only difference is the height of the arrow on the left side from Doolittle's.

WRIGHTFIELD1.jpg

This is a another nice version but the angles on the arrow do not match up with Doolittle's. The length of the arrow seems too short too.

WRIGHTFIELD2.jpg

Yeah that middle incised patch is mine - Roberto made that one for me about three years and and it looks nicely aged now with wear.

Aurang also had his 27753 patched with a wright field patch too.

zoomer

Never did patch my A-1. I have a ready-made grossgrain Wright patch which I would carpet-tape to an A-2 on occasion (always test the finish first!!), but have never sewn a patch on.
1675380145_16f2b15dff.jpg

Pre-war test pilot impression with Eastman Rough Wear 1401.