• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WPG Irvin

Bombing IP

Well guys jack31916 sent me via PM with his modified WPG Irvin and I must say it was a work of art .He sold it on I think the guys would love to see the pictures of what he did .What about it Jack ?

BIP

jack31916

Thanks Bombing IP.

I just don't like new jackets because they lack character and therefore I decided to modify my WPG Irvin. I painted the jacket with medium brown leather paint and gave it a darker leather varnish. From some old car upholstery leather ( from an Alfa Romeo) I made a new backing of the collar, new straps, new leather pullers tabs. All the zips didn't work fine so I replaced the main zipp with a German Zipp zipper of which I had the puller replaced by an AM puller and the two sleeve zipps rplaced by two original AM zippers. All sewing was done on a regular housemodel sewing machine.

I sold the jacket last month for 100,00 euros... No market for this sort of jackets in The Netherlands. Probably the zippers and original buckle were worth more ;)

Some pics ( sorry for the poor quality - made them with my phone)
20201206_105306.jpg
20201206_105413.jpg
20201206_105432.jpg
20201206_105316.jpg
20201206_105354.jpg
20201206_105358.jpg

B-Man2

Damn that looks good!
Now I’ve got about 20 questions but I’ll just ask one .It looks like you had to take the collar off the jacket to put the support backing on and then resew the collar back onto the jacket . Is that correct ?

jack31916

Damn that looks good!
Now I’ve got about 20 questions but I’ll just ask one .It looks like you had to take the collar off the jacket to put the support backing on and then resew the collar back onto the jacket . Is that correct ?
That's correct. I took the whole collar off, used the original leather backing as a pattern, made a new one, replaced the strap and the hardware and stitched it back on. It worked very well maybe due to the thinner fleece....

B-Man2

That's correct. I took the whole collar off, used the original leather backing as a pattern, made a new one, replaced the strap and the hardware and stitched it back on. It worked very well maybe due to the thinner fleece....
Jack
I don’t think I could have brought myself to let it go, after all of the nice work you did on that one. Someone got a hell of a deal on that jacket .

Paul Glover

Hi Paul do you get into A2 jackets or are you just a sheepskin guy ?

Rgds Jeff
Hello Jeff, I like the look of A2,s and enjoy reading all the conversations about them on this forum, but the ones that I have tried on don,t seem to look right on me.
I own a nice vintage French half belt type horsehide jacket with removable sheepskin liner and I recently bought an eighties halfbelt from ebay, a bargain at 50 pounds! It weighs 2.8kg and is bullet proof !, I prefer jackets with heavyweight hide.
But in answer to your question for me you cant replicate the smell and feel of wearing any of my origional sheepskins (british or American) I wear them as often as I can, I also have a 90,s multi panel aero Irvin which comes in at a close 2nd.

Members online

Latest posts