• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WPG Crusher Cap review and pics (and another one for sale!)

Pilot

My originals have a kind of very soft pliable celluloid...No plastic. I can fold all my „ caps „ in 4 or more...

Steve27752

Mine is as thick as the back side of the plastic wrap of ham slices in the supermarket, maybe thinner a bit. Certainly pliable, but kinda jumps back to hold the shape.
In that case remove the shield and replace it with the clear covering that we used to put on the covers of school books (WHS or Rymans). It is a lot thiner and still looks okay.

Greg Gale

OK, I removed the plastic. Boy it feels much better! Totally crushable, it now fits like a bag but in a cool way as Carl put it :) It's not great quality, it's far from 100% accurate, but it looks the part and I got what I was after :)

Carl

I'll have to disagree that that plastic is as per originals. I have seen them, and may have examples of them, with a smaller triangle of plastic in the center of the crown but I don't think any of them have the whole crown lined in plastic. If it were mine, I'd remove it in a heartbeat to see the result.
I've gone into the rant too many times to comment on the officers cap vs "crusher"(ugh) debate. Any student on the topic should be able to see this as a functional term rather than an actual cap designation. We know what you all mean by the term but it's a more recently made up term by collectors that takes attention from historical caps.
Dave
Like this Dave ;)
20181030_202237.jpg