• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow !

2BM2K

According to the Sally B programme she is at RAF Odiham tomorrow, arriving today.

Officer Dibley

I'm under the regular night flight path of Special Ops Hercs and Osprey CV-22's at home.

This is the view outside my office door.....

IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_7228.JPG
IMG_6552.JPG
IMG_6364.JPG

jeremiah

Way back when I was in college in the late 90s, I worked at a small FBO in Northeast GA. I worked on planes, took lessons and had plenty of stick time in various ones including cubs and even a Luskum.

One time a B-17 stopped by overnight enroute to an air show someplace. While there we got to go up inside and get real hands on with it. The next day it was scheduled to depart at a certain time. I had to make my way to Atlanta to pick up a rebuilt prop. I knew the departure of the B-17 was iminent. I nearly got my first speeding ticket when I was pulled over near Mt. Curahee of Band of Brothers fame. When I told the cop why I was racing back home he looked at my cargo and laughed. Right then the B-17 flew over us. He waved me on with a warning.

No joke. All above is true.

Last edited:

Stony

I got to fly the '909' back in the late 90s before the FAA killed it because of safety concerns. My friend who was on the flight with me filmed me in the cockpit from behind. Needless to say, I was sporting wood the whole time I was at the controls. I have it on a DVD somewhere.