• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! 60s G-1

TankBuster

That's crazy! Somebody should pop in a couple of bids considering C***G (1) is the high bidder over himself 3 times! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Look at the rookies bid this up. For some reason thinking there is an advantage to be high bidder for the day. Hope that tag team bids on all my future listings.

dujardin

is it not simply due to the system called ''automatic bid'' ???

if you have a look on my post regarding the civy jacket i bought yesterday, the same thing appear, i also place a copy (captured screen) of the different bidding.
and i'm sure i don't bid on me.

A

Anonymous

Most new bidders don't have a clue, but you could be right. However why would you put a huge bid on an item ? unless you were going to be trapped in a cave with many really hot woman and an unlimited supply of beer for the rest of the weekend. Other wise wait and use the 15 second rule with your highest bid.

delta102uk

Good B series G-1's are hard to come by especially in a size 46 so I think if 2 or 3 bidders really want this jacket the price will go higher by the end of auction.....I sold a mint Sz 42 Ralph Edwards B series on eBay last summer for $1225 :eek:

Sean K

269sqnhudson

chitchat said:
Most new bidders don't have a clue, but you could be right. However why would you put a huge bid on an item ? unless you were going to be trapped in a cave with many really hot woman and an unlimited supply of beer for the rest of the weekend. Other wise wait and use the 15 second rule with your highest bid.

I often put autobids in and quite enjoy watching people putting dozens of bids in at the end to no avail.
I didn't buy this jacket btw but would have paid similar as a top whack.

If you read The Art of Strategy by Avinash Dixit he discusses the merit (or lack thereof) of late bidding on ebay and various different strategies about bidding in different auction formats. He indicates the only possible reason not to put a max bid in early is if you think others may not know the value of the item and you don't want to draw attention to it.
Interesting stuff

I often win with a max bid and usually if I don't it's a fair cop and someone wants to pay more. If you are honest with yourself and place a solid max bid that is your actual maximum you can't go far wrong.

Members online

Latest posts