• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you refurbish an original?

Flightengineer

This is something worthy of more than a year's efforts! Dude!! Back to topIc, nope, wouldn't refurbush this! :cool:

Is his first jacket an L-2B or L-2?

L2B I think. If necessary, I can provide better photos of this MA-1 jacket. But again, I didn't find anything on the net. If you find a photo of Chuck in this MA-1, I will be very grateful!

Damn, we hijacked this thread. My apologies to @Showerfan, but I only answered questions :)

Last edited:

Nickb123

Well...
27421BE0-F43F-4E4F-8399-E4716ACEB494.jpeg

sorry likewise @Showerfan

Silver Surfer

why not contact Yeager? he is quite alive and kicking. I know that he has a small biz selling his autograph on papers, jackets and the like. reckon he is damn near 100, so the clock is ticking. ps: if you do contact general Yeager,, be sure to address him as general Yeager,, not chuck, Charles, mr Yeager, etc. if ya don't address him as general Yeager, you will be cut off.......possibly at the knees.

Flightengineer

why not contact Yeager? he is quite alive and kicking. I know that he has a small biz selling his autograph on papers, jackets and the like. reckon he is damn near 100, so the clock is ticking. ps: if you do contact general Yeager,, be sure to address him as general Yeager,, not chuck, Charles, mr Yeager, etc. if ya don't address him as general Yeager, you will be cut off.......possibly at the knees.

Vic, to be honestly it never occurred to me to write to such a respected and famous person who is 97 years old and ask about jacket. He had so many of them during his career. And what I can to say? Send a photo to him and ask - is this your jacket, sir, do you remember it or may be it's not your? To ask not about flights and memories, but about a jacket .... I think this is not very correct.
I was at a meeting with him about 10 years ago in Dayton, and he seemed to me a pretty tired guy already. Now as far as I can see from his last photos, he is already moving on an wheelchair.
I know that his new wife is commander for all his deals now she sells his autographs and other things for high price on his website.

B-Man2

The last I heard and read about General Yeager. His wife controls his every move, his appearance schedules , sets his appearance fees and rules his interactions with Forums and Military History Groups. No one gets to him unless they go through her first. Good Luck with your request Dmitry.

Flightengineer

Thanks friends. Until I know the truth yet, I'm so hopeful :). And yes, there is something nice and cool in this old nylon ... I really like this MA-1, even without regard to the patches. I also must say that on the sleeve and on the back closer to the collar there are typical areas of UV discoloration, this usually happened with such jackets at high FL through the cockpit glass. This old lady flew a lot for sure in her previous life.
It's very comfy and although I don’t wear it often I sometimes think that maybe I’m walking the dogs in the jacket that this Man flew. The world is actually very small and the place is full of not only problems, but also amazing meetings and surprises.
Thank you all for your attention to this jacket.

Ken at Aero Leather

I've got the same rule for cars as I have for jackets, if it's not broken don't fix it
When either are no longer serviceable as they are, restore them properly.
I've only owned a couple of new cars in my life, regretted both
For a couple of years now I've only had the one car, a 1990 full restored (*ground up) Range Rover Classic no back up, driven daily, do about 10000 miles a year, last two MOTS? Straight pass no adviseries. already turned down a five digit cash profit . If a restoration is done properly a time comes when it's essential.
With a car or a jackets, don't put lipstick on a pig, if you can't do it properly leave it to someone who can you'll only make it worse

In case this sounds like a sales pitch, Aero are not accepting any restoration ant time in the forseeable future