• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Workwear jackets

B-Man2

The photos look good.
At $649.00 I'd be a little reluctant to be the 1st guy to take the plunge especially when a Diamond Dave / Good Wear runs close to the same price.

Silver Surfer

if i am not mistaken, gate 3 is a chinese company with some kinda connection to japan. go figure. the jacket looks ok, but as with so many lower-middle tier repros, the sizing is goofy, as per the sizing chart, a size 40 with a pit to pit measurement of 21 1/2", and shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 19". the hardware looks ubiquitous, the knits look ok [actually hard to see well], and the hides,, though a little shiney, look pretty grainy, and might wear well,,,,or not. cant really tell about the liner, but it looks right. label? aw, datsa noso good, boss.

johnwayne

I was thinking knits weren't very accurate plus leather on sleeves near shoulders look as if it's likely to be thin, reminds me of a high street jacket I had years back and yea all a bit shiney.

colekwok

Possibly a Chinese repro, certainly not worth the price. They are trying hard to sell it as a Japanese repro, Japanese zippers, Japanese threads (FFS?) Japanese buttons..... so on and so forth....

It is hard to google them, but I think it is associated to this shop in Hong Kong.

This is their facebook page about the jacket.

Looks to me that they are listing their jacket as HKD5500, which translated to around USD700. I would pay a bit more for an Aero or a DD jacket.