• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

work wear/ denim

Grant

for all you fellow denim heads and work wear geeks here's a couple of cool 40's color FSA photographs.
railroadI.jpg

RailroadII.jpg

worker.jpg

Grant

Yeah, here's another couple. Check out the awesome dungarees the sharecropper is wearing (the caption read he was shooting at hawks that were killing his chickens).
workerII.jpg

railroadIII.jpg

MikeyB-17

Blimey-superb shots Grant. If you told those blokes how much their workclothes would be worth in 60 years' times they'd laugh at you.

Peter Graham

Fantastic photos. Digital photography still has a long way to go to match that quality. That's an interesting rifle that guy has. It looks like a WW1 French Lebel but I'm sure someone will know better.

watchmanjimg

Peter Graham said:
Fantastic photos. Digital photography still has a long way to go to match that quality. That's an interesting rifle that guy has. It looks like a WW1 French Lebel but I'm sure someone will know better.

I believe it's a US Krag rifle of late 1800s vintage.

A

Anonymous

Yep, there's no way that digital will ever look as good as photos taken on celluloid by a man with a lightmeter and a lot of experience. AWESOME.

Anybody know of a maker of a pukka, repro' 'hickory stripe 'Engineer's Cap' ?

You know, I'd rather see a whole board dedicated to denim / vintage workwear than the flight sims one which has so few posts ........

Dave :ugeek:

Swing

watchmanjimg said:
Peter Graham said:

I believe it's a US Krag rifle of late 1800s vintage.

Yep, with that side magazine, I'd guess it's a Krag.

Good luck hitting a flying bird with that thing, and I wouldn't want to be downrange when that bullets comes back to earth.

~Swing

Grant

Check out the fan tail Talon zip on grizzly jacket, patched chin strap work shirt with cool patch work and the denim in the second photo.

WorkerVI.jpg

workerV.jpg

A-2I.jpg

Grant

thanks, that's where i found all the photos i posted as well!
dig the low back overalls the dude on the far right is wearing.