• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Work in progress Irvin

Micawber

These 29k Singers used to be cheap now they are going for $500- $900 .That was made at a time when they wanted things to last ,and there basically over engineered . Go past any tailor or dry cleaner repair and alterations ,the machines are old and the paint is worn off . They would never give them up for a new one that I know .

BIP

BIP

That is quite correct on places like eBay and such but I have never paid that much. The last three or four that I purchased came via general auction for very little coin. I will only buy machines that show signs of having being kept well oiled. Running spares are freely available.

Paul Glover

Great videos Chris, sounds like we have a lot in common. I am a mechanic by trade but left it in the mid eighties.
I am now retired but prior to covid I used to spend time in the winter months working in my friends garage on classic cars and historic race cars.

Chris 55

Great videos Chris, sounds like we have a lot in common. I am a mechanic by trade but left it in the mid eighties.
I am now retired but prior to covid I used to spend time in the winter months working in my friends garage on classic cars and historic race cars.
Your in North West

Micawber

Seeing all this is making me a bit envious. I'm looking forward to hopefully / perhaps getting out into the workshop again when the chemo has finished and the weather warms up.

Paul Glover

Seeing all this is making me a bit envious. I'm looking forward to hopefully / perhaps getting out into the workshop again when the chemo has finished and the weather warms up.
Hello Steve, from your posts it would appear that you have done well for yourself in life !, you live in Norfolk, near to a ww2 airfield, a lovely family and a herd of dogs, and now you tell us that you have a workshop !. You have a lot to get back to when your all fixed up, and a lot more photos to post !. Get well soon