• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wore my Alpha 90s L-2A repro today! Spring coming!

deand

Just felt like wearing it with high temps predicted. Vintage 50s hunting cap a recent ebay victory.

GetAttachment090909.jpg

GetAttachment0909007.jpg

dean

dujardin

Dean, with your baseball cap; you've got the look....

spring is coming, happy man; here in Belgium; winter is still present; not in snow but well in low T°.
happy to have my winter combo jacket

byeeeeeeee marcel

deand

Thanks, Marcel. My mother's family traces their roots to Belgium, her maiden name was "Richie". :)

dean

USMC_GAU-21

Dean Looking good my friend. It was in the 60's here in Maryland over the weekend, well at least Sunday.

I just saw one of the "Weintraub" Replica L-2A's on eBay go for quite a bit! You have a nice jacket there.

r/Gy Dan

deand

USMC_GAU-21 said:
Dean Looking good my friend. It was in the 60's here in Maryland over the weekend, well at least Sunday.

I just saw one of the "Weintraub" Replica L-2A's on eBay go for quite a bit! You have a nice jacket there.

r/Gy Dan

I saw that weintraub and figured that would be the case. As for my humble Alpha, I like it. I wish the oxygen tab was a) the correct nylon, b) located properly for an L-2A, and c) the correct dimensions. In addition, the waist flap needs to be a bit more pointed around the snap head, the snaps need to be brass and painted apparently a darker shade of blue. Shall I go on? How about the nylon being a bit deeper blue, oh and the zips are wrong. And yet, I like the jacket. Someday, a Buzz on e-bay in the correct size, since mine is ever so slightly snug mid way down. Now the knits... Yet I do like the jacket. It gives the impression of an issue L-2A. I envy your collection of originals and repros, Dan. Thanks for your reply to the post.

dean

rich

Looking good Dean - still much too cold here for an L-2A, but last summer I wore my Buzz most days -very comfortable
and light. The one I have is 44, I'll post exact dims if these would be useful to you?

rich

Here you go Dean ....... did a couple of others too.

BR L-2A 44"

Pit to Pit 26 1/2
Zip Length 22
Bottom of collar knit to
bottom of waist knit 25 3/4
Shoulder to shoulder 20 1/2
Shoulder to end of cuff 26
Armpit to end of cuff 19 1/2
Epaulette 7

BR L-2B XX-L

Pit to Pit 25 1/2
Zip Length 22
Bottom of collar knit to
bottom of waist knit 26 1/2
Shoulder to shoulder 22
Epaulette 7 1/2

BR B-15C Mod

Pit to Pit 26
Zip Length 22 1/2
Bottom of collar knit to
bottom of waist knit 25 1/2
Shoulder to shoulder 19 1/2
Shoulder to end of cuff 25 1/2
Armpit to end of cuff 18
"Epaulette" 6 1/2

BR L-2 American Pad 44"

Pit to Pit 26
Zip Length 21 3/4
Bottom of collar knit to
bottom of waist knit 26
Shoulder to shoulder 20 1/2
Epaulette 6 3/4

deand

Thank you, Rich. Looks like the L-2A BR 44 would fit me. It's the shoulder measurement that usually makes or breaks it for me. My Alpha is fine through the shoulders, it's the area from about the pockets on down, that it feels tight, yet, I realize that those jackets were meant to be form fitting, and actually, I use the fit to motivate weight control. :) I sometimes think that if I get one with plenty of room, I'll end up filling it to overflowing, like the more closet space you have, the more you end up needing.

dean