• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wool bodied A-1s from Spearhead

Tim P

Seriously though, That is a battledress material overrun put to good use. they look great, even though I dont care at all for the A1 design, that is a nice jacket. I didnt even notice the price.. cheap as chips.

m444uk

I would guess from the low price the wool material used is a polyester/wool mix.
This doesn't wear as well as wool. It tends to bobble and feels light weight.

I've seen a pair of Asian made panzer hosen and the wool was junk compared with current European alternatives .
In the war cellulose/rayon was often mixed with wool and this wears differently to polyester. It ages like wool.

Still, I think Spearhead deserve kudos for the vast range of gear they get made.

dmar836

Yeah and great prices for the reenactor or airsoft gamer.

I'll wait to see the report but I like it for the garage if it has a remotely functional fit.

Dave

John Lever

I don't know, these shearlings are no where near as warm as duvet type mountain jackets. I've been pretty cold in my Anj-4 in the Alps.

m444uk

chitchat said:
OK bought one today. I am no expert but I will post close up pics and accurate measurements. I have had good luck with Spearhead in the past.

Did the jacket turn up yet ?

zoomer

Strikes me it could be good wearing under a loose fitting A-2. Have to get a size smaller than your jacket tho.

Then you could go A-1 and A-2 and... :lol: :lol: :lol:
QVXTD00Z.jpg

Vcruiser

zoomer said:
Strikes me it could be good wearing under a loose fitting A-2. Have to get a size smaller than your jacket tho.

Then you could go A-1 and A-2 and... :lol: :lol: :lol:
QVXTD00Z.jpg

Now that's damn funny..! :lol:

zoomer

We in Iowa still love that Champagne Music. IPTV still runs the shows. If you can get past the icky singing and the el tacko clothing, you hear one of the last all-around pop orchestras, with a lot of very seasoned big band musicians in there.

A

Anonymous

Whats not funny is the fact I am old enough to remember LW. We need to start a thread on old TV shows.

Atticus

Just wondering if anyone has a Spearhead A-1 in hand yet. I think I recall at least one person ordering one. I'm very interested in hearing opinions about the jacket.

AF

A

Anonymous

Should have one in a day or two. I will post up asap. Carl

Atticus

chitchat said:
Should have one in a day or two. I will post up asap. Carl

OK...sounds good. Thanks. I really like A-1s and would be interested in a wool one even if it wasn't as true to the originals as is my Goodwear.

AF

zoomer

Looks like it's just waiting to bag out in a puff of dust that used to be rubber elastic.