• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Won a CWU 36/P

deand

Got it today. The fit is not roomy, but more like my Skyline L-2B, close but not tight. It's not too lightweight, either, similar to the L-2B. Honestly, I wish they would have just kept the 50's design and used Nomex! That's not to say I don't like the look of the 36/P, I just like the older style's looks better. The 36/P has a 'Gripper Zipper"! Great name for a zipper. I wonder what it would be like on those cool-in-the-morning-but-then-the sun-comes-out days. The Nomex has a weightier feel than the nylon.

dean

deand

Rich, I hope you didn't think I was ignoring your request for sizing comments, I only have one other Nomex to compare the 36/P I just got, do I didn't think I could give you an informed answer. Both are labeled 'Large', but the 36/P is definitely closer fitting. They're right about the variation. I use closer fitting jackets to keep the motivation to keep weight off. :)

dean

deand

deand said:
Funny you'd mention a cap, David, ;) I just won this lovely gold leather hunting cap just recently, adding to my flight jacket/cap combo option collection! And thanks, all for your responses in this thread.:

CCEpNgBGkKGrHqQOKjIE0c5ByOq0BNJ9D88Iwg0_3.jpg

Using shots like these for reference for cap/jacket combinations. BTW I know they're not wearing CWUs, but I still think the cap would look okay with the 36P, as well as my other nylon.
cb50d02835f39873_large.jpg

dean

dean

The 45P with my new/old golden leather hunting cap:

mmsbvbv_picture.jpg

dean

rich

deand said:
Rich, I hope you didn't think I was ignoring your request for sizing comments, I only have one other Nomex to compare the 36/P I just got, do I didn't think I could give you an informed answer. Both are labeled 'Large', but the 36/P is definitely closer fitting. They're right about the variation. I use closer fitting jackets to keep the motivation to keep weight off. :)
dean

Thanks Dean - the reason I posed the question is because I'm considering changing my Large 45 to an XLarge but I'm worried I may end up with a tent. But from what's been said here, there seems enough variation in sizes to make it a bit of a lottery anyway. Maybe I'll wait for an air show so I can try a few on, or simply hassle an online seller for exact dimensions.

watchmanjimg

deand said:
deand said:
Funny you'd mention a cap, David, ;) I just won this lovely gold leather hunting cap just recently, adding to my flight jacket/cap combo option collection! And thanks, all for your responses in this thread.:

CCEpNgBGkKGrHqQOKjIE0c5ByOq0BNJ9D88Iwg0_3.jpg

Using shots like these for reference for cap/jacket combinations. BTW I know they're not wearing CWUs, but I still think the cap would look okay with the 36P, as well as my other nylon.
cb50d02835f39873_large.jpg

dean

dean

The 45P with my new/old golden leather hunting cap:

mmsbvbv_picture.jpg

dean

Dean, I absolutely love that cap! You should sell it to me so I can wear it with my early nylon jackets . . . :cool:

watchmanjimg

OK, now I know this is a sickness. I perused my CWU-36 inventory and including one on the way I'm at an even dozen. At least. :shock: