• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Women's shearling jackets?

Greg Gale

Like it or not, Christmas is coming :) My girlfriend always keeps telling me how much she loves my WPG Irvin, and that she would love something similar. So now I'm searching for a sheepskin jacket for her. Accuracy is NOT a factor here. (nor is the country of manufacture, just saying ;) ) It should have a ww2 flying jacket style, and be of better quality than a Zara/ H&M jacket.

First I thought about a WPG Irvin or a B-3, but the problem is they don't have sizes that small, plus they weren't made for a female body.

then I found this on ebay for 280 quids:

b3-sheepskin-ladies-hooded-ginger-aviator-flying-jacket3.jpg

B3+Sheepskin+Ladies+Hooded-Ginger-Aviator-Flying-Jacket2.jpg

It looks Irvin-ish enough, looks warm, has a female shape, and the hood - which she will love but I won't - is detachable.

I'm no expert, so does it look like good enough quality to you guys?

Do you have any other ideas/ suggestions that I haven't thought of?

Thanks!

PS: She tried on a B-17 jacket at the ELC popup store last year, she found it too short, and said she preferred shearling.

Ken at Aero Leather

Like it or not, Christmas is coming :) My girlfriend always keeps telling me how much she loves my WPG Irvin, and that she would love something similar. So now I'm searching for a sheepskin jacket for her. Accuracy is NOT a factor here. (nor is the country of manufacture, just saying ;) ) It should have a ww2 flying jacket style, and be of better quality than a Zara/ H&M jacket.

First I thought about a WPG Irvin or a B-3, but the problem is they don't have sizes that small, plus they weren't made for a female body.

then I found this on ebay for 280 quids:

b3-sheepskin-ladies-hooded-ginger-aviator-flying-jacket3.jpg

B3+Sheepskin+Ladies+Hooded-Ginger-Aviator-Flying-Jacket2.jpg

It looks Irvin-ish enough, looks warm, has a female shape, and the hood - which she will love but I won't - is detachable.

I'm no expert, so does it look like good enough quality to you guys?

Do you have any other ideas/ suggestions that I haven't thought of?

Thanks!

PS: She tried on a B-17 jacket at the ELC popup store last year, she found it too short, and said she preferred shearling.

You'll have to go some to beat that price, I very much doubt if the raw materials for our Hooded Irvin come to any less than the final retail price of that jacket, before any cutting is started, never mind putting it together!!
Detachable hood is a clever idea , we find ladies like the hooded version, our FAA and B7 are often bought by female customers.

Thomas Koehle

„Noble House“ in Germany do also have a shearling in their portfolio (or at least had) which is longer than the standard flight jackets

I bought one for my daughter some years ago - do not even know whether she still has it

Go check at NOBLE HOUSE and if your lady is interested I can ask my daughter if she wanna sell hers

Greg Gale

„Noble House“ in Germany do also have a shearling in their portfolio (or at least had) which is longer than the standard flight jackets

I bought one for my daughter some years ago - do not even know whether she still has it

Go check at NOBLE HOUSE and if your lady is interested I can ask my daughter if she wanna sell hers

Thanks! You mean this one?

front.jpg

Smithy

WASP girls wore often B-6s in WW2 as far as I can tell from the publicity photos.

The B-6 would be particularly flattering for a lady...quite a tapered cut. A cropped version of the B-6 could look awesome...maybe a custom Aero?

100215.jpg

Sorry doesn't help Greg getting a jacket for the GF but that's such a bloody good photo!

Greg Gale

The hooded one in my first post arrived today. I was left speechless by the quality and the construction. The sheepskin is butter soft, the inside is super fluffy, a truly outstanding jacket. Top, top notch. She's gonna be happy :)