• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Winn's Warriors by Jerome

442RCT

:eek: I received my new jacket today !!!! WOW, it is FANTASTIC !!! Jerome Urbaniak painted it in 2003 and it showed up on e-Bay last week. That man is a fantastic artist !!! The size was marked 44, but it turns out it's a 'trim' 44 and fits me perfect, which is a bonus...I thought it was gonna be too big and I intended to and still will, put the jacket in a shadow box and display it on a wall like the great artwork that it is, and only take it out for 'special' occasions. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo stoked about owning it, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning, after eating too much sugar, finally opening a present that I've been really wanting. Whoooo Hoooooo !!!! :lol:

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/3107177

Andrew

Post some recent pics if you could please. It'd be great to see how it's wearing. Do you have a link to the auction?

Andrew

You're joking!! Crazy prices for them, so I wasn't alone not being on the job- good thing they're not my size so I don't feel so bad.

cheaterome

Wow good buy , glad you like it. Painting that b-17 was tedious.
Enjoy in good health.

I did not do the patch with the latin saying on the wearers right chest area on the 1938 contract Aero though just to be accurate.

So J.C. bought it from England then sold it to you ..... so from Scotland to Aero USA to England to east coast to west coast....

That jacket has more money invested in shipping and insurance than what you paid for it!!! ;)

Jerome

442RCT

cheaterome said:
Wow good buy , glad you like it. Painting that b-17 was tedious.

Even though it's 70 degrees here in California, I just had to show it off to my buddies. We all marveled at the attention to detail, each individual rivet in the skin of the B-17, the air cooler holes in the machine guns, one guy swore he could see the shadow of the ball turret gunner. I'm gonna wear it to work tomorrow to show it off some more...well, just because.

cheaterome said:
Enjoy in good health.

So J.C. bought it from England then sold it to you ..... so from Scotland to Aero USA to England to east coast to west coast....

That jacket has more money invested in shipping and insurance than what you paid for it!!! ;)

Just for the record, if anyone ever sees that jacket on the market, it'll mean I'm pushing up daisies. I'm having a shadowbox built for it with plexiglass on both sides, my wife already has a spot on the wall picked out for it, it'll be displayed with all my other aviation prints. The jacket's traveling days are over, it's found a permanent home. ;)

Thank you again...you're a fantastic artist !!!!