• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WILLIS AND GEIGER INC. AN6552 / USN GROUPING

Nickb123

I had one of these. Had a contract # (long forgotten) which I was only able to find one other example of online. To me, it was the best goatskin I've ever handled. Yours is obviously a true gem!

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

I had one of these. Had a contract # (long forgotten) which I was only able to find one other example of online. To me, it was the best goatskin I've ever handled. Yours is obviously a true gem!
Yes, definitely the goatskin is the best for durability, it’s very hard find a horsehide jacket from the same period in this condition.

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

It just looks nice. Has that "glow" to it. A fair bit more character than later G-1 incarnations. Who knows what toxic chemicals went into it, but they certainly helped!
Indeed, WWII jackets have more grain in their hides and also the leather is a bit thinner-finner; from left M-422A, AN6552, AN-J-3A and G-1
3C9F46A8-3A20-4930-8206-F37057EBF4F0.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Indeed, WWII jackets look to have more grain in their hides which makes them shinier, from left to right M-422A, AN6552, AN-J-3A and G-1
View attachment 37355
Jorge
You have an outstanding collection of jackets that would rival most museums . I notice that all of your jackets are your size and fit you very well... sooooo this leads me to my next question . Do you ever happen to find jackets that are in the larger ranges say 46 or 48? that are outside of your desired sizes ? I’m sure there are a few of us larger guys here who would be in pleased if you passed that information along:D ( hint hint):D

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Jorge
You have an outstanding collection of jackets that would rival most museums . I notice that all of your jackets are your size and fit you very well... sooooo this leads me to my next question . Do you ever happen to find jackets that are in the larger ranges say 46 or 48? that are outside of your desired sizes ? I’m sure there are a few of us larger guys here who would be in pleased if you passed that information along:D ( hint hint):D
Thank you @B-Man2! Humm actually I don’t run into larger ones frequently, perhaps a 44 sometimes but 46 and 48 are really rare to find, it’s even hard for me find in my size (42), but some contracts allow me to wear between from 38 to 44 sizes. 38-40 would be the most common sizes out there IMO.