• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

William Lennon boots. Traditional boots made in England.

Micawber

Burt's ATF servive boots v RW Iron Ranger prompted this...

I'm not going to take arty farty photos of my boots but suffice to say I do like good quality footwear preferably handmade in the traditional way - and that goes for work / practical boots too. So, without further ado - and needless waffle - I will say my preference is for boots made by William Lennon, Derbyshire, England. Good solid repairable boots which I believe are a match for numerous other manufacturers including those popular makes who mass produce their wares. UK chaps unaware of W Lennon might like to check their heritage range out...

They don't list all their boots on their website - for example they make a very good repro ammo / parade boot - so if you can't see what you want drop them a line. They also do a repro WWI B5 boot ...but we don't always want to wear repro military stuff do we? Well, I know I certainly don't ,sharp intake of breath>

Bear in mind they are a small outfit so there is a wait for their handmade boots. Their Heritage range is here:

A little piece about them made for UK TV some years ago.

Micawber

What, two and a half hours on an no outrage at me having the temerity to mention a boot-maker somewhat outwith the norm for these hallowed portals!!

:D ;)

Chandler

What, two and a half hours on an no outrage at me having the temerity to mention a boot-maker somewhat outwith the norm for these hallowed portals!!

:D ;)
Wow, you got 6 likes -- what kinda' prima donna are you? ;)

My only point to focus on would be that we both (and probably many others) appreciate quality made boots. No matter what the perception may be, Red Wing is a boot manufacturer with a long lineage of quality footwear that stands the test of time.

The Iron Ranger was named for the iron miners of the northern Midwest United States it was originally designed for -- one of which was my Great Grandfather. Heritage indeed.

Not gonna steal your thunder for your favorite boot, and no one can steal mine.

Cheers to world diversity! :)

BTW -- Lennon only predates Red Wing by 6 years, heritage indeed - indeed.

Last edited:

Harris_HTM

Love them! I currently own three pairs of them and they are indestructible.
im_2.jpg
20210302_165059.jpg

Harris_HTM

Micawber

So wait; these classic, heritage, English boots are sourcing leather from >gasp< CHICAGO?:oops: How trendy. ;)

At least Red Wing has their own tannery. :)

{yes folks, it's all in good fun, no one's going to lose an eye :D}

Just a typing finger or two will do for now... :p