• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will you or should I spend $1000 for this jacket/shirt?

Harlock

ap_F23_20080316124943712.jpg

i like it. that's one of langlitz's crazier variations of their Timberland shirt; very popular with Japanese motorcyclists. I always thought that the Japanese gravitated towards that particular style because it better suited their smaller frames (although I really have no reasoning to back that up -- suppose it's just because I saw the Japanese do it first).

A thousand bucks is pretty steep, but I think their prices are worth it your talking about a primary riding jacket. I paid an arm and a leg for my horsehide columbia, but I wear it every day and am extremely happy with it.

I also have a goatskin cascade that's great for warmer weather. Best riding jackts out there in my opinion.

Harlock

tcwu said:
This is the answer why extra $1200 for horse hide:

We have tried several different tanneries, and batches from specific tanneries to get horsehide that is as close to the hides Ross Langlitz used in the 1950's as possible.

You paid a leg and arm but the Japanese has to pay at least double what you paid! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can not make up my mind.
If I have $1000 now I rather to buy some stocks!
But I am so tempted to order it. :oops:

if i was your financial adviser, i'd tell you to put your money to work for you. But as a fellow jacket collector, i say BUY THE JACKET!