• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why was the B-10 jacket discontinued in less than a year?

Bremspropeller

It's fun to - after wearing A-2s for a long time and kind of getting used to their semi-practibility - put on a B-10 and think to oneself "Boy, I get this jacket!".
The same happens, putting on a B-15 afterwards. It's just more useable and day-to-day life friendly. And it adds some gimmicks, like tracing your mic-cord and clamping-on that oxygen-mask (always handy when daily commuting in the metro!).

The jackets are becoming more user-friendly and everyday-wearable:
An A-2 will fit your phone (maybe) and your wallet. A B-10 can take care of your keys on top of that (one inside pocket) and will fit a pen. A B-15 would allow you to carry your passport in the other inside-pocket and you get more pen-pockets...

The first time I put on an MA-1 I thought "Damn, that thing makes a lot of sense!".

Pilot

From what I understand one of the main reasons the B-15 replaced the B-10 so quickly was the B10's fine cotton twill wasn't proving to be very durable. The end zone twill introduced on the B-15 was a denser weave fabric that proved more long lasting.
My original B-10 had a 100 X stronger denser cotton twill than my ex BR and ELC version.
Sorry to say but both really look very „ petite „ towards the original I had.. ( even posted here) ... not mentioned the plastic ( blend ) liner from ELC.