• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

why no love for aero royale

dinomartino1

The aero royale must be one of their least known jackets, it's impossible to find a photo of someone wearing one and no info any of the usual forums.
I'm in the process of clearing out my wardrobe to raise funds for a new jacket and I'm really taken by the royale, a simple look, no knits and tapered at the waist and something British rather than the usual american style jackets.
Ken if you read this do have any photos of someone wearing one?

2275be85e9f1939b_Front500.jpg

soft battered steer hide

380534cee144a751_Royale front close-500.jpg

65955420721a5a72_Royalitalianrussetback-500.jpg

Aero_Royale_back.jpg

Aero_Royale_cuff.jpg

Aero_Royale_front_FINAL.jpg

81355420704edec5_Royaleitalianrusset-500.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    270.4 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

B-Man2

Can't explain, we've sold an awful lot more of these than say The Goldsmith for example
Oddly enough the majortity have gone to Scandanvia, and no, I don't know why, it's not one of our big markets??????????

They look their best in Suede

Ken
Does Aero make a “ James Bond Skyfall “ type of repro?

dinomartino1

Can't explain, we've sold an awful lot more of these than say The Goldsmith for example
Oddly enough the majortity have gone to Scandanvia, and no, I don't know why, it's not one of our big markets??????????

They look their best in Suede

What would you recommend to get the drape right on the jacket other than goatskin.
Steer or italian HH or something else, I believe they are the softer leathers, I've never seen them though. The climate here does not lend itself to really stiff and heavy leather, to be honest I get confused by all the leather options now just about all my jackets have been from the 40s or 50s and it was just horsehide to me.

Ken at Aero Leather

What would you recommend to get the drape right on the jacket other than goatskin.
Steer or italian HH or something else, I believe they are the softer leathers, I've never seen them though. The climate here does not lend itself to really stiff and heavy leather, to be honest I get confused by all the leather options now just about all my jackets have been from the 40s or 50s and it was just horsehide to me.

British Jackets from the 1930s were usually Nappa Leather or Suede, the cut doesn't hang too well in heavier leathers IMHO
Goat would work if it's light enough, I'm not sure whether we've got any light enough other than Goat Suede, I'll check tomorrow.
Battered Horse is the only Horse I'd consider personally

Ken at Aero Leather

The aero royale must be one of their least known jackets, it's impossible to find a photo of someone wearing one and no info any of the usual forums.
I'm in the process of clearing out my wardrobe to raise funds for a new jacket and I'm really taken by the royale, a simple look, no knits and tapered at the waist and something British rather than the usual american style jackets.
Ken if you read this do have any photos of someone wearing one?

View attachment 16135

soft battered steer hide

View attachment 16136

View attachment 16138

View attachment 16139

View attachment 16140

View attachment 16141

View attachment 16142

If there's one in stock that would fit someone in the factory I'll get a photo tomorrow but I'm not hopeful, I don't recall seeing one recently other than in the packing dept

dinomartino1

British Jackets from the 1930s were usually Nappa Leather or Suede, the cut doesn't hang too well in heavier leathers IMHO
Goat would work if it's light enough, I'm not sure whether we've got any light enough other than Goat Suede, I'll check tomorrow.
Battered Horse is the only Horse I'd consider personally

So over italian hh, and battered steer that are options on the royale in the drop down menu for the leather selection you would instead go for battered hh.
Battered hh is the leather that is an option in "customization A2s mid weight leathers" and you can have that if you want and the base price would that be the same is that correct.
Battered hh is available in seal but not cordovan? not a deal breaker but I do like cordovan, but seal is okay just nothing lighter.
I'm not interested in another cordovan option if it would be too stiff and heavy.

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

I didn't choose the leather selection on the dropdown menu. Sounds like I need to have a look at it with a red pencil handy!

There is some very lightweight Horween Cordovan in the factory, nothing like CX, but a sample roll we don't really know what to do with.
It's very dark, I'll check the weight tomorrow, but from memory it would be perfect I'm finished for the day.
No Royales in stock so I couldn't do a photo

zoomer

Really like this design. If the waist could blouse and/or buckle out to hang flat, and the pockets were a touch less prominent, I'd want one too. Battered Steer would be ideal.

Last edited:

johnwayne

Wow, nice, very nice! The Royale is featured in Aero's latest style review mag along with as you'd expect others, all blooming lovely too. Crikey if I get to Galashiels it would be far too easy part with a few £££'s!!

Nnatalie

I quite like how the cuffs and waistband are just a touch snugger than the rest of the jacket! Often on the 30s jackets it seems like the waist/cuffs just look like continuations of the body/sleeves, but made out of a different piece of leather. This adds some nice variety.

British Jackets from the 1930s were usually Nappa Leather or Suede
Did the British just tend to favor these leathers, or were they importing heavier, less soft leather jackets from the US or other countries?

dinomartino1

Pics of my royale here