• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is it seemingly impossible to reproduce an A2 that behaves like vintage jackets like this one Christopher Reeve wears?

Pilot

Check out the draping of these repro A-2’s...

busdrivermike

Interesting question, I gotta wonder I if it’s just daily no care wearing
Does anyone know how vintage jackets behaved when brand new ?
I used to wonder how come new motorcycle jackets don’t look as cool as vintage used ones
Then I saw if you wear a new jacket daily past the point thinking about being careful with it soon draped differently
Especially after months in the wind sun, rain and snow thrown on the floor, the dirt, used as a pillow
Seat cushion blanket for you or the girl friend or boy friend to be inclusive :)
Loading unloading a truck, fixing your car, playing football in the fall ect..... it had that look
I remember my aviation leathercraft RAF jacket started looking/moving just like a vintage
One after wearing it tobogganing, on and off road motorcycling and for everything I mentioned above
It looked like one I was looking at in a museum in Moosejaw or in the movie hell drivers
My thoughts are it can’t reproduced, it’s Just wearing it everyday like it’s a thing
My guess is vintage jackets look/move better for this reason they were worn daily in all conditions not
Part of a rotation of jackets it was the only jacket.
My thoughts as the new guy still wet behind the ears in the vintage jacket world.