• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's going to be first?

33-1729

Of all the known A-2 contracts, survivors have not been found for the Goldsmith 31-1897, Werber Leather Coat Co., Inc. order numbers 32-6225 (button pocket flaps), 34-518P, 37-1119P, and Rough Wear Clothing Co. contract number W535AC-21035. I'd expect the Werber labels would all be similar, but the Rough Wear 21035 label would be different to all the other Rough Wear labels based upon what was used on the labels at that time (a mock up is below). Horsehide would have been used for all five of the Werber Leather Coat Co. orders, but horsehide, cowhide and/or goatskin could have been used for the RW21035. The Goldsmith 31-1897 has been re-created by Aero and Headwind. Anyone going to make one of the others?

W535AC-21035.jpg

Skyhawk

Hmmm...I may take a crack at the Werber 32-6225. I had thought about it before. It is in line with the Goldsmith and Sat we are making. We have a few photos of what we believe is the jacket on the button flap thread, plus the characteristics of the later Werbers to help out. Sounds like a good project for the future.

33-1729

I am pretty sure Buzz Rickson do/have done one...??

I haven’t seen any of them reproduced by Buzz Rickson, The Real McCoy’s, The Few, or anyone else. If you see these "no-known-survivors" posted for sale (especially an original!), please let me know.

Werber Leather Coat Co., Inc. order numbers 32-6225 (button pocket flaps), 34-518P, and 37-1119P

Rough Wear Clothing Co. contract number W535 AC-21035

33-1729

Of all the known A-2 contracts, survivors have not been found for the Goldsmith 31-1897, Werber Leather Coat Co., Inc. order numbers 32-6225 (button pocket flaps), 34-518P, 37-1119P, and Rough Wear Clothing Co. contract number W535AC-21035. I'd expect the Werber labels would all be similar, but the Rough Wear 21035 label would be different to all the other Rough Wear labels based upon what was used on the labels at that time (a mock up is below). Horsehide would have been used for all five of the Werber Leather Coat Co. orders, but horsehide, cowhide and/or goatskin could have been used for the RW21035. The Goldsmith 31-1897 has been re-created by Aero and Headwind. Anyone going to make one of the others?

View attachment 25593

I stand corrected. An original has been found and the label looks like this, with the order number listed and not the contract number. More to follow.

RW 42-1671-P.jpg