• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whole month no messages?Time to show a "must buy"

Rutger

Yes I know, some think they're overpriced. Indeed they are, but then ....... .
I apparently could no longer resist to buy a desert CWU-45 to complement the desert -36's I have (one brand new for the collection, the other for wearing). This CWU-45 is certainly excellent, with no wear at all, no damage and the shiny appearance of like-new-nomex.
I paid a full 192 USD (not including shipping of 41 USD) which is 48 times as much as the cheapest new green (or sage-green? nah, it's green, definitely) CWU-36 I ever bought.
Thankfully the fit is excellent, not too tight and no tunnelling. Great timing, buying a winter jacket in the spring.
Although lacking the atmosphere of 50's and 60's aviation like the old nylon does, the -36 end -45 is a classic flight jacket.

Not quite sure if the images aren't too large. Let's hope so.

KGrHqEOKogE1z5-hlzqBNlOyE3Y6g_3.jpg

KGrHqMOKjME1vHc4-iJBNlOySSWY_3.jpg

KGrHqQOKnEE1P2-LFBNlOyy68Ow_3.jpg

KGrHqEOKpE1qbiBOfBNlOzWY1_3.jpg

KGrHqEOKikE11RqqeWBNlOzVSsiQ_3.jpg

KGrHqYOKpUE1qoCznFRBNlOymOJug_3.jpg

deand

Nice buy! Wish there were more in Large available, and the prices would settle a bit more.
You have a beauty there! Well done.

dean

capt71

Very, very nice indeed!! Could you tell us where you purchased it? Is it an original or a repro? (I know, so many questions!) :roll:
Bill

Rutger

capt71 said:
Very, very nice indeed!! Could you tell us where you purchased it? Is it an original or a repro? (I know, so many questions!) :roll:
Bill

Where else if you live in Europe: Ebay auction; it's original, I don't think they exist as a repro (unlike the green version).
They're also available as Buy it Now at appr 245 USD. Better wait for an auction. Maybe they'll be cheaper in one or two years, or with the right timing & luck.