• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who wanted a Buzz Skunk works lockheed jacket?

Willy McCoy

Seems like it is a fantasy jacket. I notice it's a pretty standard 60's looking jean jacket with old school chain stitching that advertises a current high technological stealth fighter. What are the chances Lockheed would commission such a jacket?

Monsoon

Willy McCoy said:
Seems like it is a fantasy jacket. I notice it's a pretty standard 60's looking jean jacket with old school chain stitching that advertises a current high technological stealth fighter. What are the chances Lockheed would commission such a jacket?

It seems like a lot of the Buzz Rickson jackets might come under "fantasy"; it seems like the Japanese do love their jeans and patched jackets, so this is the best of both worlds for a lot of collectors.

Miles, good luck on the sale!!!

asiamiles

Willy McCoy said:
Seems like it is a fantasy jacket.
Well, it's not a fantasy jacket because it exists but, yes, it's not a repro of anything and like all of Buzz's garments it's something made for the men's clothing market in Japan; I doubt many if any of these make there way into the hands of Lockheed employees. I notice that a tag states that Lockheed Martin is a trademark under license to Hiland Inc.

Yes, there is in Japan a love for patches and chain-stitching...here's a not entirely dissimilar jacket from Toyo
http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/head- ... 8-119.html

vesicant

You can go to the online LERC Store and buy Skunkworks (and other Lockheed) patches yourself. They've got way better patches than Buzz. Personally, I like the U-2 Dragon Lady "In God we trust, all others we monitor." (I'm not associated with Lockheed or LERC.)