• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who the heck is Platon? Any good pics of his jackets?

B-Man2

I’m currently sitting with around 30 or more jackets,,most likely spent in excess of £15000,and it’s taken this long to realise that because I’m now so hung up on keeping them immaculate I’m not really enjoying wearing them.The one jacket I keep being drawn to & is probably my most comfortable jacket is a £70 cooper,,it’s been everywhere with me,battered lumps out of it ,thrown it in cupboards & the back of the car and not once thought about it.if I could turn back time I would stick with two leather jackets & have a much healthier bank balance .
I’m glad I tuned into vlj this past couple of weeks I’ve learned a lot,hopefully one day I can convince myself to do a clear out .too much choice for me isn’t working
Once again ... my point exactly.. you hear this story time and time again... and I’m as caught up in this scenario as most everyone else is. Jackets lying around looking like new because you only wear one or two favorites . Now throw in the fact that I live in a warm climate most of the year and that makes me a not too bright lover of lots of A2 jackets:oops:

John Lever

I’m currently sitting with around 30 or more jackets,,most likely spent in excess of £15000,and it’s taken this long to realise that because I’m now so hung up on keeping them immaculate I’m not really enjoying wearing them.The one jacket I keep being drawn to & is probably my most comfortable jacket is a £70 cooper,,it’s been everywhere with me,battered lumps out of it ,thrown it in cupboards & the back of the car and not once thought about it.if I could turn back time I would stick with two leather jackets & have a much healthier bank balance .
I’m glad I tuned into vlj this past couple of weeks I’ve learned a lot,hopefully one day I can convince myself to do a clear out .too much choice for me isn’t working
Peter,
Can you bear to sell some of them ?

Flightengineer

I will add that I wear my 2019 AVI A-2 quite a lot. Its just super comfortable! This version is not a very accurate Bronco copy, but its a great 'House' model. You could wear this jacket in a little Cessna quite comfortably.

o yeah,I flew 172 Сessna in my AVI. Very comfy in small cockpit.

However, recently I really want to find the original A2.
Maybe I'm starting to get old ... but I want to have an authentic original that can be worn besides repro.
All my jackets, field or flight - all originals except A2 and B15.

Brettafett

I honestly think my only keeper is my cooper & my vanson highwayman E,,,everything else only gives me grief thinking of getting them marked ,,
Lets see what you have Peter. Perhaps some guys could make a offer or two, and alleviate you of your burdens somewhat ;)
(I plan on alleviating myself of a jacket or two also... New year perhaps)

petermack09

Lets see what you have Peter. Perhaps some guys could make a offer or two, and alleviate you of your burdens somewhat ;)
Lol the majority of them are all posted at some point on the forum,,Eastman,Aeros & lost Worlds..my problem is not wearing them and hate parting with them ..,The jacket & boots situation with me has become silly.
I’m now doing same things with my motorcycle,,frightened to get a mark on it,,I need help :)

Kennyz

Vic, what do you think the current market price range would be for an original in serviceable, supple, and strong condition?
Thanks!

Ken

QUOTE="Silver Surfer, post: 255289, member: 722"]
when i want to wear an a-2, its an original....weather permitting. originals can still be found in perfectly serviceable, supple, and strong condition. when its raining, snowing, or just crappy cold weather, and i want to wear an a-2, i go to the repros, of which i have 4. ya gotta believe, there just aint nuttn like wearing an original a-2. as to current pricing of better repro a-2s, they are now priced way outta my comfort zone, and like i wrote, i have 4, so im not in the market.
[/QUOTE]

Carl

Took me 5 years to be able to afford an original A2 . Thanks to a member on here who was gracious enough to work with me .
Reading the posts about what people pay and my outburst on the C2 sweater thread , I had to stand back and re think what I have paid for some of the gear in my collection . $400-500 for some 70+ year old rubber mask !!! Its your money , you spend it on what you want , but what I despise the most is when its thrown in your face that "x" tells you that your $200 jacket /watch for example , is not as good as their $1000 example.

petermack09

Just a few..
IMG_0358.JPG