• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who makes the most accurate hi-quality A-2 budget Repro ?

Kermit3D

And this is how the color of the BK seal matches the color of an original A-11 helmet :

DSC_0718.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

Kermit3D

On whose screen? On my desktop Mac, your jacket color shades toward yellow, on my Motorola mobile, it's more blue.

I think we all need to buy graphics computers and color-correct them with the same calibrator. ;)

Yes, as a CG artist I agree with that 200%... This is the kind of problem we often encounter with customers. ;)

Kermit3D

I admit it it! Your jacket looks great! Nice subtle brown. Seal? Russet? Ambiguous like the WW2 colors!
Thanks, this jacket belonged to Brettafett and I am grateful to him for selling it to me... I love it !
It's the "Liberty Horsehide Seal". But there may be shades depending on the lot.

Kermit3D

Looking at the photo of the ELC showroom collection, I wonder:
Did the "russet" as it exists in most modern jacket manufacturers really exist on the original jackets ?

Modern reproductions of russet often look too red to me.

flyincowboy

T o me i went a different way i went with an original one bought in an antique shop all i can say it was an A2 and my first jacket paid 1000 francs long time ago for it which is at least 150 euros . Then i ve tried mall jacket Avirex Cooper Cockpit Schott.... Then the second hand route, first one was an Aero A2 bought from a friend... Each time it was like finding the graal .This forum was quite helpfull for the great knowledge shared on jackets and for sought after well made jackets. My first New One was from 5star and fit like glove for a right price . Id rather have 2 or 3 jackets made for the price of one, made by high end reputable maker . It's only a repro jacket not an original one . My guess is that i could have a pretty good one from the high end maker for a decent price. it's just a matter of time and money.

Last edited: