• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who makes the best A-2 Namestrips

zoomer

2478443880_9038cd1b00.jpg

Clarendon again! Same as the other eBay guy. Check that handlebar coming off the R.
e26d_1.JPG

Hey, call me a type nerd. It's part of how I make my living. :ugeek:

T-Bolt

zoomer said:

Clarendon again! Same as the other eBay guy. Check that handlebar coming off the R.
e26d_1.JPG

I like the look of this type style (the top one).......whether it is authentic to the forties or not. I also like the look of the leather shown in this ad (the top one). I would be most concerned getting a good looking leather strip for the stamping to go on as well as the lettering itself. :cool:

Ted

SuinBruin

zoomer said:

e26d_1.JPG

I've bought strips from both sellers. The type is the same, but the leather is totally different. The one on the bottom is very thin and cheap feeling, and the letters are not as deeply impressed. If you like or don't mind the Clarendon, go with the one on top.

zoomer

It looks better on the top example, I do admit, because it's obviously hand-spaced and more deeply embossed. The thing is not to make it look too professional - just as is true with painted patch repros (or should be!).