• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who makes a real M41?

Happy Hooligan

I'm looking for companies that make as close to the original M41..

It must be totally real fibers, NO poly anything!

I see some but they're poly or part poly...

Who makes em?

Tim P

are you allergic to polyester?

I htink you may struggle. at the front may be worth checking or ww2 impressions. they may be the best you can get. they are honest about the content of their materials.

Chandler

WW 2 Impys:

Jacket, Field, Od (WWII Impressions Repro)
We are proud to offer our own version of the standard field jacket worn by all regular forces during the earlier time of WWII. These are the best M41 jacket repros on the market. Sizes range from 38 to 54 chest. They have a cotton poplin shell in a light Olive color with a 100% wool lining. In our product we included the same wool shirting material as used our quality Shirt, Wool, Od as a liner for this garment. Buttons are authentic in style and size. We use a Talon bell-pull zipper. The hand pockets were made from a rustic cotton material that will impress even the most scrutinizing collector. It comes complete with authentic buttons, and labels in the right pocket and below the collar. $175

ATF says their shell is cotton poplin, but the lining is wool/rayon mix. Lost Battalions doesn't wanna share.

Chandler

Happy Hooligan

no not allergic,

I just don't like polyester.

I'm a natural fiber guy.

Plus I hate turning into electric man after wearing poly.

Happy Hooligan

Just ordered one on sale from At the front for $38.00. Long sizes only. Figured for the price I'd give it a try till I can find an original that fits...

Happy Hooligan

Well I got my jacket last night from Atthefront.

I ordered a 44 long as the lady said that should fit. It's a big, loose fit.

If I ordered again I'd go with a 42 for sure.

for the price it's not bad. But it's not khaki to what I call khaki. It's olive drab. Am I wrong what what the color khaki is suppose to be?

I'll post a few pics later.

kevlarg

Happy Hooligan said:
Well I got my jacket last night from Atthefront.

I ordered a 44 long as the lady said that should fit. It's a big, loose fit.

If I ordered again I'd go with a 42 for sure.

for the price it's not bad. But it's not khaki to what I call khaki. It's olive drab. Am I wrong what what the color khaki is suppose to be?

I'll post a few pics later.

He goes on at length regarding khaki on the At the Front website. Its actually pretty funny. As it turns out there are a lot of shade variations of olive drab #3, sometimes called khaki.

Tim P

Khaki is the colour used in class C chino's. no garment designed to be drab and offer camouflage of some description would be produced in such a shade. Well faded M41's may be on the khaki side, some are close on white but the OD#3 shade favoured by ATF and many, many other manufacturers is on the money for a new unissued example.
read Rollins Khaki thing in the rant archive on the ATF website.... (unless you are throwing this out as a pun and already have,...).

Happy Hooligan

why not just say it's green?

I've got a great photo of my grandfathers whole company all wearing m41's and they're all khaki not dark green... so I know it existed...

The jacket was only 38 + shipping so I'll just give it a wash and let it shrink a tad and hopefully it'll fit fine.

9thinfdiv

For the most part, newly issued M41's were OD #3, which was the color of a pea. Over time and use, the jackets faded to a khaki color. There are some that were made with more of a khaki color, but the spec called for the light green shade.

Bluebottle

I Have a very beat up original M-41. It's about as faded as it can get, but even so you can still tell the tabs are a different greener shade of OD to the main body. I'm guessing the tabs would have been the pea shade mentioned.

761e6270.jpg

Happy Hooligan

Bluebottle said:
I Have a very beat up original M-41. It's about as faded as it can get, but even so you can still tell the tabs are a different greener shade of OD to the main body. I'm guessing the tabs would have been the pea shade mentioned.

761e6270.jpg

well if that's the color, they nailed it pretty good.

I washed mine last night to shrink it a tad and it fits pretty good now and is almost that color...

Peter Graham

For another comparison, here's a couple of pics of my original M-41. In the first pic the M-41 is the lower jacket. The other one is the Navy M-41. Bluebottle, looks like our M-41's are the same colour.
m41004.jpg

m41001.jpg

asiamiles

Happy Hooligan said:
I'm looking for companies that make as close to the original M41..

It must be totally real fibers, NO poly anything!

I see some but they're poly or part poly...

Who makes em?

Buzz Rickson's did them, but I'm not sure when; they don't often show up on the secondary market ie. Yahoo Japan Auction. I had one but didn't really like it...just not for me, I guess.