• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has a new line Bill Kelso A2?

Jeff M

I keep checking out the BK web site photos of their new A2 offerings. They look very tasty.
Who all here has received one ?

KevG

Me too

My 3 week old 'house style' BK jacket is sooo good (and is looking even better after each day of wear), interested to see the contract versions

Jeff M

With all the threads/interest here, some folks here must have new BK A2's.
Come on folks....looking for a bunch of critiques/photos.

Rutger

Various buyers have posted and commented already.

This is my one. I can not review it as far as authenticity is concerned, as I've never owned an original, only several ELC. I know BK having had access to original Roughwears and trust them having been able to replicate/copy/reproduce them faithfully, as it does look good when I compare it with pics I've seen. It's fine leather (lively grain, yes that's a bonus that adds to the appearance of a product made of this natural material) that breaks in well, and is comfy to wear right from the start.

Cheers.

_MG_0479.jpg

Jeff M

Rutger said:

What with all the threads over the past several months about BK's new offerings, that's what I thought also....until I tried to find actual reviews.
Can only find one or two "it's in my hands, here are some photos" threads.
I really expected many many more given the excitement and the short time to delivery between ordering and receiving.
Seems there are more threads about foiks receiving their new GW's than BK's...and that's despite the lengthy waiting list John has.

I am really pulling at the bit to order one....but......where are they?

colekwok

Rutger said:

_MG_0479.jpg

Is this Seal Brown or Dark Seal? The colour of the leather looks really nice.

And what contract is this? Or just BK house jacket?

airfrogusmc

Roughwear said:
Platon is waiting for the mouton I have chosen, so it could be another two to four weeks wait.

its worth the wait....

I supplied vintage mouton for mine. But some of his mouton looks good.

ausreenactor

airfrogusmc said:
Roughwear said:
Platon is waiting for the mouton I have chosen, so it could be another two to four weeks wait.

its worth the wait....

I supplied vintage mouton for mine. But some of his mouton looks good.

Someone picked up a bargain for under $400 on the weekend. They do look impressive. With the labels sorted I think these are only going to get better and better..

Couchy

Jeff M

OK gang, lets not get distracted. There are other threads dealing with the M 422.
That's one thing that makes searching the old BK threads to see who has a new A2 more difficult that it should be...conversations diverting to other items/topics.

To keep on track, this thread is trying to find those folks who have received one of the new BK A2 offerings.
One reply so far.

Rutger

colekwok said:

This is seal brown, it's a Roughwear with Kelso's everything upgraded stuff (a high quality Talon repro, united carr pocket and collar snaps, new lining, new 27752 label).

ButteMT61

Rutger said:
colekwok said:

This is seal brown, it's a Roughwear with Kelso's everything upgraded stuff (a high quality Talon repro, united carr pocket and collar snaps, new lining, new 27752 label).

That's a nice lookin' jacket!

A

Anonymous

hi guys,
I am writing this from Tuscany Italy where I came to find new horsehide for Bill Kelso.

This is how Tuscany looks like
IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

this is a photo from the showroom of one very old tannery, the best in the world in horsehides.
on the table (left of the water bottle) you can see some original A-2 jackets
that I brought for samples.

IMG_2313.jpg

at another tannery, this is Giulio looking at an original Rough Wear A-2

I fly back tomorrow, so more info then