• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Who else now prefers the A1 to the A2

Brettafett

Although I love my A-2s, I also find the G-1s (and M422s) super comfy to wear practically... But not in summer, that collar is too warm!
AN-J-3 is on wishlist. May be the most practical and comfy leather flight jacket ever.
I have tried A-1s, but don't like the knit collar much, and then that seam across the back, felt a bit uncomfortable for me... I do like the classic retro aviator design.
Have been tempted a few times, but always end up buying another A-2 :p

interbak

I’ve had a couple of A1’s, just wasn’t my thing, and sold them. Still have a few A2’s and I suspect I always will.

B

tibor

I really like the way A1s look, but the wool knits at the collar would likely bug me as wool frequently does. Still, a super look, especially in a nice, vintage antiqued hide. It’s probably best with enough size to rumple a bit at the waist. I always like original pics depicting A1s, both for the era and the look.

Falcon_52

I guess I have always been an A-1 man. For me, they have a classic look and they are practical: no zippers to worry about breaking/tearing away from the tape and most importantly, the bottom buttons (or snaps) on an A-1 can be left undone to reduce the blousing at the waist. That being said, I do like A-2s also (especially the early ones with the rivet zipper). Alright...they are both excellent jackets! :D

Noel

dujardin

i follow you ....

sometimes ago, i was mad about A2 (especially patched and painted)
but now i prefer my A1 and other jacket (styled 20' 30' 40')

maybe we are going better with age ; like the french wine:)

zoomer

I am losing interest in any but the earliest type, blousy A-2s, incorporating details superseded later on. Wartime heraldry and mystique never attracted me much.