• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Whites Christmas" movie A-2 Jacket

Juanito

My wife and I have a tradition of watching Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" on Christmas Eve.

Has anyone ever noticed the A-2 the cab driver is wearing when Bing, Danny Kaye, and the girls first get to Vermont? The thing I find interesting about it is the art on the back which has been scrubbed off. It is clearly nose art with a series of bombs below. It would be interesting to know whether this was strictly planned or a happy coincidence in costuming.

I'll get a photo, but the lettering on the back is clearly "Lucky" or "Lady". When I have some time to myself I'll go back through it frame by frame to get more info, but I was wondering if anyone else had noticed.

B-Man2

I noticed it a while back . Just couldn’t tell if it was an original or something leftover in the wardrobe department from another movie.

Juanito

It is that time of year again, and i start wondering about this jacket from "White Christmas."

I have wondered about this for years, both about the specific jacket, and secondly about it placement and costuming in the movie since those things are not done willy nilly. It had to be on purpose since any other brown leather jacket of the period could have been used. Given the theme of the movie, I had to be deliberate.

The next question is whether it is a prop/costume room creation or a real jacket? I am not sure whether that will ever be known, but if we could just figure out what it says on the back...

With this photo, I am changing my earlier conclusion about it saying Lucky or Lady. Larry Lee? Sassy Li'l? Sorry Lot?

VeraVoulik

Like I said elsewhere, It may be a Martin B-26Gs of the 441st Bomb Squadron, 320th Bomb Group, 9th Air Force: 'Sandra Lee'

dcd9680c695dabc90166167db52cd5f7--the-martin-sardinia.jpg
B26.320bg.cu.16.jpg

Micawber

Aha, my friend Kevin has been a little obsessed with the indistinct art on this jacket for quite some time.