• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which repro A2s do you currently own?

Roughwear

I know some members, including me, have been buying and selling repro A2s this year. Which ones do you currently own and do you have a favourite?

Here are my repros and my favourites vary according my mood!:

ELC 1933 Werber
020-31-2.jpg

GW 1939 Werber
003-57.jpg

GW RW 18091

001-53.jpg

blethook

Here are my current favourites:

From 2010: Monarch A-2 with internal pockets
frontlaidflat.jpg

From 2009: GW Bronco in goatskin
GWBroncoFrontLaid.jpg

From 2008: ELC Cable in goatskin
ELCCableFrontLaid.jpg

From several years ago: Aero Anniversary in seal HH (no picture)

B.

jack aranda

As posted on the "other" forum:
'Just' my GW Dubow 27798 in russet goatskin, size 44. It is a little over two years old now, still barely broken in. I get compliments on it every time I wear it, even from people who normally have no interest in leather jackets. I still marvel at it.

2983261180104585873S425x425Q85.jpg

CBI

After all of my MANY GW's and ELC's over the years, the only repro I will own after my 2 others sell this week will be this Good Wear Aero A-2 below........

There is another GW A-2 in my future with the latest aniline russet brown (its the perfect brown now - less red).

Anyway, the surviving repro and I love it:

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4208.jpg

Andrew (Roughwear), I developed the originals bug after years away from them hence my reduced stock of repros. I now have a small supply of jackets to really wear and enjoy. I guess the other repro to mention is my ELC A-1. My enthusiam for repros is still great though. Never know when I will get the itch again. Go Good Wear!

Jason

My favourites, like Andrew, tend to vary according to several factors.
At the moment, an ELC (older) 1401P is getting worn the most. But I also have a RMCNZ RW in a very light russett goatskin which looks very 'dressy', and a Goodwear Perry in the early russett horsehide. Would love to add a GW Doniger to that list too... we'll see what happens next season.

Weasel_Loader

Here is my Buzz RW 23380. I'd put it on for photos, but it's a balmy 109 today here in the Southern California desert. :)

Will hopefully have my new GW A-2 in the next month or so. ;)

2fc7600a.jpg

Using my new iPhone app Hipstamatic.

26da8381.jpg

RudyN

I just have two. My first one is a US Wings Horsehide.

A2.jpg

My good one. A Goodwear Perry Sportswear with me in it.

IMG_1419.jpg

Marv

I currently own......

ELC house A2 in seal goat

ELC Star A2 seal horse
photo1.jpg

ELC Pearl Harbor A2 in walnut steer
f149ee61.jpg

Aero house A2 in seal goat

Cooper A2 in russet goat

Eventually would like a GW Roughwear 27752 with NoS Talon zipper :)

Cobblers161

Well I've had:

ELC Werber - not my cup of tea, odd hide and strange collars and peculiar colour (although I appreciate lots of you like it)
GW Dubow HH and Goat (2 different jackets not a hh torso with goat arms or suchlike) - regret losing the Goat
GW RW 27752 - too small
GW Doni - impulse used buy and incorrect fit
GW 16160 - used buy, incorrect fit
RMNZ RW x2 - strange collar and characterless hide

I am a very fussy bugger indeed nevertheless I now happily own:

GW United Sheeplined - I love this
GW Doniger - arrived yesterday and fits like a glove and looks the nuts!

On it's way...... GW RW 1401-P soonish and eventually GW16160!

Persimmon

At the moment I am down to three Repro A2's of which my favourite two at the moment are -

Size 40 RMNZ Dubow

Dubow029.jpg

Dubow032.jpg

Dubow013.jpg

DUBOWRMNZ011.jpg

Dubow003.jpg

Dubow004.jpg

And my ELC Werber again in a size 40

Werberpictures006.jpg

Werber2pictures003.jpg

Werberpictures003.jpg

Werberpictures004.jpg

Werberpictures020.jpg

Well thats it for now but the sickness will hit me shortly I am sure.
I do not have any originals so if anyone has a good (but spare) A2 Original, around the
size 40 (ish) let me know as there is some money around at the moment.
Hope you like the pictures.

Roughwear

Cobblers161 said:
Well I've had:

ELC Werber - not my cup of tea, odd hide and strange collars and peculiar colour (although I appreciate lots of you like it)
GW Dubow HH and Goat (2 different jackets not a hh torso with goat arms or suchlike) - regret losing the Goat
GW RW 27752 - too small
GW Doni - impulse used buy and incorrect fit
GW 16160 - used buy, incorrect fit
RMNZ RW x2 - strange collar and characterless hide

I am a very fussy bugger indeed nevertheless I now happily own:

GW United Sheeplined - I love this
GW Doniger - arrived yesterday and fits like a glove and looks the nuts!

On it's way...... GW RW 1401-P soonish and eventually GW16160!

Steve, I know what you mean about buying second hand jackets. You can be lucky or they just dont quite fit right.

I have just ordered a russet hh Dubow 27798 with the dull purple-brown knits in a size 44 from John. I'm supplying the triple marked NOS Talon. Now the wait begins! ;)

Cobblers161

Andrew, yeh it's a lottery really. It depends largely on whether the seller measures dimensions in the same fashion as oneself, sometimes even 1/2" out can make a heap of difference. Also though, the fact that I am an incredibly fussy so and so doesn't help. Luckily though my sizing has been nailed by JC , the latest Doni is absolutely perfect which lends me to think that I'm no longer ready to chance a used jacket(unless the price is good!!!!)

The Dubow sounds great, it's a lovely contract to wear as you well know, incredibly comfortable and looks exceptionally cool to boot. think the purple over the reddish knits is a good choice. I'll have a fiver on 4 months till arrival! ;)

Roughwear

Cobblers161 said:
Andrew, yeh it's a lottery really. It depends largely on whether the seller measures dimensions in the same fashion as oneself, sometimes even 1/2" out can make a heap of difference. Also though, the fact that I am an incredibly fussy so and so doesn't help. Luckily though my sizing has been nailed by JC , the latest Doni is absolutely perfect which lends me to think that I'm no longer ready to chance a used jacket(unless the price is good!!!!)

The Dubow sounds great, it's a lovely contract to wear as you well know, incredibly comfortable and looks exceptionally cool to boot. think the purple over the reddish knits is a good choice. I'll have a fiver on 4 months till arrival! ;)

In that case it could be a Christmas present to myself. :lol: