• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where's that Thread on Knit Replacement?

Jaydee

Anyone remember that thread about the best company for Knit Replacement? Anyone know a good company in the USA? US Wings? Who else? I need to find someone who can hit the old stitch holes. My tailor does fine work, but has stated that she can't promise to hit all the old stitch holes, just some of them.
Thanks,
-Jay

A

Anonymous

Jay,
Why do you mind about the old stitches?
Have your tailor cut the sleeve so that old stitches are gone and resew the knits.
The sleeve will shorten by what? 3mm ?

I'd suggest US Wings as I think they're cheaper than others.

regards

Pope

Check with Flight Suits in California, great looking knits. I bought replacement wool knits for an A-2 6 or 8 months ago for about $25 including the shipping if I remember right.

Mike

Jaydee

PLATON said:
Jay,
Why do you mind about the old stitches?
Have your tailor cut the sleeve so that old stitches are gone and resew the knits.
The sleeve will shorten by what? 3mm ?

I'd suggest US Wings as I think they're cheaper than others.

regards

Hey Platon, I should have been more clear with my question. I was talking about a Forum "Thread" that was about knit replacement. The post had a reply by a fella who had his M-422a done. It was excellent work and the tailor used the old stitch holes. With an M-422a (G-1) type jacket, the stitching on all the knits are placed 1/4" up from the bottom of the leather and are a prominant feature of the jacket. So you can't get away with rolling up the leather to restitch, it just wouldn't look right. Besides I am not about to go poking a bunch of new holes in a WWII Flight Jacket, unless it's absolutly necessary.
Thanks, Jay