• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where to get a crown replacement zip for an BR L-2A (alternatively....)

Officer Dibley

I decided to go for a vintage RiRi. I’ll let you know how it goes once it arrives and my local seamstress fits it
Dave

886CAF43-520E-42F9-9E4C-87C1CB14880A.jpeg
42F2F16A-E268-4737-8DF2-C1690779F7E1.jpeg

ausreenactor

I have heard someone describe the wave effect as "Bacon-ing"
Now every time I see a wavy zipper, I think of bacon.
That’s a really good description and perfect for the effect...

Hmm... banana for breakfast does not sound as appealing now...

Griffon_301

BIG PRAISE to David @ELC.... After writing to them with my problem, I received an answer from Dave and a great, generous offer: the very parts I needed to repair my zip and all this for free!

This is what I call customer service - and one of the many reasons I am a big ELC fanboy!
Thanks so much David, your service is highly appreciated! And when this Corona madness is over and we will be able to head over to the UK again and visit airshows, popup stores and the likes, I'll owe you a biiiiig Beer or whatever you want in the liquid department :)

20210506_153953.jpg

ausreenactor

BIG PRAISE to David @ELC.... After writing to them with my problem, I received an answer from Dave and a great, generous offer: the very parts I needed to repair my zip and all this for free!

This is what I call customer service - and one of the many reasons I am a big ELC fanboy!
Thanks so much David, your service is highly appreciated! And when this Corona madness is over and we will be able to head over to the UK again and visit airshows, popup stores and the likes, I'll owe you a biiiiig Beer or whatever you want in the liquid department :)

View attachment 60041
There is that service that you don't mind paying a 'premium' for.

BZ ELC!

Griffon_301

There is that service that you don't mind paying a 'premium' for.

BZ ELC!

Actually I don't mind, paying a wee bit more for certain things, when the all around services are great...
ELC - and I have to name Rob and David specifically - have always provided me with the best service I could have wished for, no matter if it was their annual calender, or a jacket :)

David even offered me a personal walkthrough on how to replace the puller on the zip...I hope that I will manage to change the parts myself though...called it personal pride :D

I am a very happy ELC (and BR) customer and will continue to be so :)

Officer Dibley

View attachment 60041
When i emailed Dizzy last year, he couldn’t wash his hands quick enough !

Officer Dibley

Well, here’s the finished article. I paid £35 for the zipper. Just bought an old But not valuable German BGS jacket with the exact same RiRi for £14 shipped. Always pays to have one in reserve. Of course it may be too chunky for some & it does up the European way, but at least now i can wear it. This zipper is not fussy at all & will not break
I also have a stock of the 50’s-80’s British combat jacket zippers of differing lengths.
82EE26EF-8121-493C-8BC4-38573FAB391C.jpeg

autopilot

Maby this thread is a proper place to add my question also..

I just purchased a worn N-2A jacket which has the Conmar zipper pull missing. I'd like to find a replasement pull and any advice would be appreciated to a source for an original or info what specs should I been looking for to find a fitting alternative pull for the jacket.

ausreenactor

I’ve got one where the zip teeth kept separating. Tried varies recommended ways of fixing it but no luck.
Getting to the point where i may buy a green zipper to replace it. Knits are green anyway. Could look like a field replacement.
Shame as i really like the jacket but have only wirn it a couple of times after getting it.
Or i could just put it in the bonfire.... all very irritating
Had the same issue. The moulded teeth needed work. Lots of rolling and kneading the zipper. Thread here on VLJ somewhere.