• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where to get a crown replacement zip for an BR L-2A (alternatively....)

Dany McDonald

Hello autopilot,

Can you post an image of the puller? MASH Japan is your best option if in stock, ebay sometimes... It's easier to help if we know the zipper type.

Dany

autopilot

Hello autopilot,

Can you post an image of the puller? MASH Japan is your best option if in stock, ebay sometimes... It's easier to help if we know the zipper type.

Dany
Hi Dany, thanks for reply!
The jacket is missing the puller. That is the part I'm hoping to find. Original, repro or something that fits the "railroads". I actually did check Mash but I wasn't sure about those zippers they are offering if they fit, and first I'm hoping to find cheaper ones or just the puller.
Here are some pics of the jacket. It's missing the cuffs and some buttons and I actually ordered replacements from Mash for those.
20211120_195839.jpg
20211120_195917.jpg
20211120_195857.jpg

autopilot

Here is a pic of an original puller from an ebay jacket listing. I wouldn't mind if the look isn't exactly the same if it works, but of course more original looking the better

20211120_203259.jpg

autopilot

A bit different, and not period correct but will probably do the job...

Dany
Thanks for the tip. I hesitated to bid due to heavy shipping costs to europe and missed that auction, but I'll keep searching. Mash has one suitable zipper I think but I'll try finding a cheaper one first for a while :s

Dany McDonald

I don't want to sound dull but that price was hard to beat for two original Conmars. But yeah shipping $$$ has become a deal breaker on many occasions lately for me too...

Anyways good luck with your quest!

Dany

Dany McDonald

Can you post images of the slider in question? If its a Conmar #10 aka ''paper clip'' zipper, I'd risk a yes... But the smoothness may be affected by tiny differences between year/series/versions....

I am not sure and you are going to have to try it to confirm.

But some guys here with experience retrofitting this exact zip may have a definitive answer.

Best,

Dany

autopilot

Can you post images of the slider in question? If its a Conmar #10 aka ''paper clip'' zipper, I'd risk a yes... But the smoothness may be affected by tiny differences between year/series/versions....

I am not sure and you are going to have to try it to confirm.

But some guys here with experience retrofitting this exact zip may have a definitive answer.

Best,

Dany

Here is a link to the auction. It doesn't tell if it is a #10, but the look is not like a paper clip to my eyes. Look is very different to the one used with N-2A's..

Dany McDonald

Way too small, you need the later and bigger #10 Conmar, like the ebay link I posted, see the difference between the two.

autopilot

Way too small, you need the later and bigger #10 Conmar, like the ebay link I posted, see the difference between the two.
Ok thanks for kind and fast reply. I'ts strange how a accidentally started jacket lust has taken me to the zipper world where I was a totally stranger and still slowly learning