• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to Find Eastman Jackets for Sale

Isisllc

I bought my first Eastman jacket in '03 at the Biggin Hill airshow. They had a tent and I was able to try on several jackets before making up my mind on a house B-3. I'm traveling back to the UK in late April and was wondering where in the London area, or elsewhere, one might be able to try and purchase Eastman jackets? I see that American Classics and Son of a Stag both advertise Eastman, but the stock seems rather limited. I'm thinking of trying another B-3 (my first is 14 years old now!) but would like to be able to try on the jacket before purchasing.

I was hoping that Eastman might be at an airshow during my visit, but was unable to find any sort of calendar on their site.

Rob

Isisllc

Went to Duxford for a big airshow back in '03 when I was working in England. Very enjoyable. They were reconditioning a P-47 in one of the hangars as I recall. Won't be able to make it this year...

s4rmark

If you have the time when your over in the uk , you could contact Eastman and take a trip down to Devon and visit their factory.

johnwayne

A visit to Devon is a long way from London! Maybe try emailing Gary and the team as a general enquiry in case they are having another 'pop up shop' as they had late last year but otherwise the two shops you mention are the only ones I know but like you say have only limited stock and, having personally been to both then Son of Stag was I thought well pricey!! Haven't looked online to see how they compare with ELC direct but I believe one of the members here works at American Classics, try a PM to Chamboid aka Ben whom just might be able to help?
Cheers
Wayne

chamboid

B-3's are always a trick one and a hard sell, so we don't stock any, same for the Irvines as well, come winter we will be picking up a B-6 at American Classics, and a few other styles, with a full size breakdown, but at the moment the stock we can get from Gary is limited due to the move Eastman s undertaking at the moment.

Keep an eye out on our instagram and website for stock updates. hope this helps in some way, and feel free to contact me or the shop

https://www.instagram.com/americanclassicslondon/

https://www.americanclassicslondon.com/collections/eastman-leather-clothing

Bombing IP

I DID NOT KNOW American Classics was a member at the VLJ , bought many an item of you guys and have been in your store in Covent Garden . The store has a nice feel to it with great merchandise . I lived in England and moved to the USA now living in NY .

BIP

Pilot

Will be in London soon for business.
Any chance of a recent A-2 Original maker in 44"?

coalman

I was in Covent Garden back in February and found a militaria shop which had some nice originalA2 jackets and a Irvin for sale, I only had a short time to view the shop finding a few nice log books for sale, sadly the guy in the shopwas busy with another customer so I left failing to take the shops name thinking it would be easy to find again.
How wrong I was, 2 days later went looking for it but to no avail, anybody knows of this shop.

chamboid

IMG_0209.JPG

Was it The Vintage Show Room by any chance coalman?

I was in Covent Garden back in February and found a militaria shop which had some nice originalA2 jackets and a Irvin for sale, I only had a short time to view the shop finding a few nice log books for sale, sadly the guy in the shopwas busy with another customer so I left failing to take the shops name thinking it would be easy to find again.
How wrong I was, 2 days later went looking for it but to no avail, anybody knows of this shop.

coalman

Chamboid,

Sorry but it does not look like the shop I went into, it had all cabinents full of medals etc on the right hand side leading around the shop, coats/uniforms on the other and had steps leading down to another part of the shop.
As you walked into the shop there was another door on the right leading to the shop next door.
I would certainly like to visit the shop you show, where is that one?

John

chamboid

I have absolutely no idea where that place could be, but I will research and find out.

We are just round the corner from Covent Garden Tube station, on Endell st. In between Dury Lane and Neil's Yard.

Chamboid,

Sorry but it does not look like the shop I went into, it had all cabinents full of medals etc on the right hand side leading around the shop, coats/uniforms on the other and had steps leading down to another part of the shop.
As you walked into the shop there was another door on the right leading to the shop next door.

John

chamboid

IMG_0219.JPG

John second attempt. Is it The London Medal Company?

Chamboid,

John