• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy Alpha Replica L-2B Flight Jacket in UK ?

simmo

Any guys bought an Alpha Industries Replica L-2B Flight Jacket in UK .Nothing on Ebay and can only find one place and that retails for £114 . Is that around the going rate for one of these now ?
Cheers.

Tim P

post a link to make sure you are getting what you think.. You will be unlikely to score a replica for that anywhere else, they have been discontinued for ages.. Vintage is another matter.

Tim P

thats as good as you will get. this is the new replica series I am presuming. By the time a US equivalent has been paid for and posted you are at about the right price.

RCSignals

They have to make things confusing. The replica line is newer than the vintage line?
What is supposed to be the difference, seems the intent of each is the same.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
RCSignals said:
They have to make things confusing. The replica line is newer than the vintage line?
What is supposed to be the difference, seems the intent of each is the same.

The Replica series jackets, as the name implies, are reasonably close copies of the originals using materials of a similar quality. The Vintage jackets are more just in the spirit of originals, not as accurate, and using lesser quality materials.

The Replica jackets generally cost more, but are better value.

simmo

Well placed an order with proviation back in december 2011 and after waiting almost 2 months had to cancel the order as i just kept getting messed about.Only time i heard about my order was when i asked them where it was.Got excuses saying they were getting it from Alpha in Germany who then have to get from America.Then they tell me its on the way and still nothing.In the end got fed up with being jerked around.Not like its a made to measure jacket.Shouldn't be a problem getting a production jacket .Wouldn't mind but the ad stated 5-12 days despatch time.Shame as i was looking forward to getting this jacket.Cant seem to find anyone else that sells it in UK.Will just have to keep looking. :|

Tim P

buy a buzz. worth the extra. stitch accuracy and almost next day delivery. ebay sales and frugal saving makes almost anything possible.

Peter Graham

simmo said:
Cheers but thats in the U.S. Likely to get stung with customs charges etc
Possibly, but I wouldn't say likely. It's not a hugely expensive item so it may well slip through. I'd give it a go.