• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can i find USAAF Seat Type Parachute Harness?

Lee-AVG

i don't want the canopy/parachute (i can fill the seat pack container with paper or foam:), just only the seat type parachute harness and seat pack container (repro or original), such as S-1, S-2, S-5 or AN 6510 etc, because the complete set (with parachute) costs over 1500 USD and for me too expensive.

many thanks
best regards
Lee

Tim P

My chest pack and harness came from Bob Bayshaw's Vintage Parachutes and I am bowled over with the great quality. it is better to have a serviceable looking piece of flight safety equipment as part of a living history ensemble than a ratty piece of vintage stuff that looks like it would not protect the user I think. pristine is not good but light to moderate use does the trick.
I just wish he still did back type chutes. a nice B8 would be good for me to supplement the chest type I have.

CHECK6

have a look at AMS military sales (a shop in Belgium) you can find most of the parts to make one complete
last year i bought a usaaf life raft cover for about 50$ ,you can order via internet and the shop owner is English

good luck
FAB

CHECK6

And for the enthousiasts i found in an old box a brand new B17 nose turret canvas cover,if you need something special you are
almost sure to find it in this shop ,i also know that he have 2 or 3 NOS horsehide A2 i'll have a check soon and I'll tell you the price he want for

FAB

better duck

I'm interested in finding a WW2 parachute assembly too, not necessarily with the parachute intact. So I am following this thread with interest.