• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When Did They Quit Making M-65s?

Atticus

I bought another M-65 from ebay and it just arrived. As you can see, its woodland camo. I'm not jumping up and down about camo field jackets, but they're dirt cheap, so I bid a little bit on this one. I let another woodland M-65 go that ended up not even selling for its ten dollar opening bid.

When I was looking at the auction photos, I couldn't really make out the SPO number, but I knew the jacket wasn't a knock off. Today, I find that it was made in 1996. Up until now, I would have said the good old M-65 was discontinued around 1992. I guess not.

KGrHqNHJCkE7yriEyolBPBQMIb0bQ60_3.jpg

You know, the quality of these newer M-65s is not bad. I especially like the nylon zipper. I've also got one of the tri-color desert camo ones (1989), and it has been a real work horse for me. Its warm (with the liner in place) and I wear it when I'm doing anything that could crud up a nicer jacket.

AF

watchmanjimg

Geoff, I don't believe they ever quit making M-65s. As far as I know an ACU version is still being issued, albeit without epaulets and with all the Velcro festoonments currently in vogue. I have an unissued example on hand, and it's not a bad jacket although we've previously discussed the practical advantages of Gore-Tex.