• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

whats the word on US Authentic A-2s?

shanghai joe

fedoralover said:
Hawkeye said:
you wouldnt happen to have any other pics of that jacket would you fedoralover?

This is the only one. The color isn't accurate in the pic. The other pic showing the flaw is more true. If you look at it, it's like they make a Dubow in reverse with the pocket spacing. The left pocket should be the one closer to the storm flap edge, not the other way around. It just looks off to me.
IMG_20070130_0001.jpg

fedoralover

perception is everything..........

Hawkeye

bseal said:
Hawkeye, enjoy your U.S. Authentic A-2, don't forget to post pictures. :p

Still shopping around, havent decided on anything yet. But when I do get something, rest assured pictures will be forthcoming.

C.J.

I have one. It's not bad, but like some others have said, save up and get a GoodWear or ELC, preferably GoodWear. US Authentic just isn't in the same league as the others.

Vcruiser

I hope that Hawkeye doesn't think we are being mean. It just that many of us have been there..done that...and realize that going ahead and stashing away for the eventual "finer' A2 would bring the ultimate thrill. Avoiding the wasted time working one's way up saves frustration...a few headaches..plus $$.
VB

tgd31968

I have a USA horse hide that I bought in November. I love the heavy weight which allowed me to wear it all winter with a medium weight shirt. Here in Michigan it gets pretty cold, and this winter was really cool. I would have liked a sheepskin on a few of the days, but overall it got me through.

I have worn in nearly every day for 6 months. My only complaint is that the collar liner rubs my face near the throat latch, and is starting to get threadbare in this location already. Also, the top of the storm flap, which rubs my face too, is starting to turn black. I assumed it was from the oil in my skin, but reading this forum makes me wonder if it is actually the finish wearing through. I did not realize that it could do that. I though the color was through the leather.

Anyway, I would agree that IF you are the type who gets hung up in all the details, and counts the number of stiches per inch etc, then you should probably save up for a more expensive jacket.

If you are more like me and just want a jacket that is basically an A-2, but are not worried about the details, AND cannot justify $800-$1200 for a jacket, then you will proababy be ok with it.
While there is a wealth of knowledge in the fourm, and a lot of good info, always temper the advice with your own judgement. It is easy to get caught up in the vain search for the "perfect" jacket if you don't keep your wits about you, and then never be satisfied. I had a hard time parting with $400 for my USA jacket, so $800-$1200 is out of the question. If, on the other hand, you are a detail fanatic, you should save your money and get the higher priced alternatives. Always keep YOUR objective in mind when deciding.

shanghai joe said:
fedoralover said:
Hawkeye said:

This is the only one. The color isn't accurate in the pic. The other pic showing the flaw is more true. If you look at it, it's like they make a Dubow in reverse with the pocket spacing. The left pocket should be the one closer to the storm flap edge, not the other way around. It just looks off to me.
IMG_20070130_0001.jpg

fedoralover

perception is everything..........

tgd31968

Fedora lover,
Your sleeves fit about like mine. your right had sleeve looks exactly like mine when standing. basically 100% tunneling.

If the jacket didn't have the knit cuff, the leather sleeve would be the perfect length when standing. However, when sitting, the cuff with knit is perfect, so I am reluctant to send it back and have Shaul shorten the sleeves. I have a cloth jacket I had the sleeves shortend on, and I am not happy with the results, so I think I am going to leave well enough alone.

TGD

fedoralover said:
Hawkeye said:

IMG_20070130_0001.jpg

fedoralover