• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the magic with japanese made A2's?

Pa12

in the automotive quality of the Mercedes we produced in China was actually similar to the vehicles we build in Germany

different picture in Mexico - i worked there for 3 years and struggled a lot with the mexican understandig of "Quality"
Recently bought a new Toyota Tacoma. Apparently they’re now built in Mexico. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Pa12

I hope its better than my Mexican built VW, all the things I loved about them are a cheap facade now.
Had the same issue with a Mexican dodge truck. I’m just hoping with Toyotas reputation they won’t let things slide. That was something I liked about my fj cruiser, built in Japan.

JonnyCrow

I think the attraction stems from the earlier jackets that were made by these companies . Early on before there were the quality jackets being made by other companies , Buzz and Real Mc Coy produced some top notch jackets for that period. Some of the fleece that they used was the nicest available at the time . Like most things their quality of their jackets diminished over time while their prices increased.
Which is why I love my early Buzz B15 Burt, and the B10 I just bought

JonnyCrow

The magic for me is the sheer # of options/color and patch combos out there. It seems to be nearly infinite.

Haven’t handled a Buzz A-2, but they look like jobs to break in. As said however, their nylons are amazing.
And aged artwork Nick, I've seen the Japanese A2 jackets on yahoo jp and buyee but they always seem to be hammered with bids, very popular among young Japanese I much prefer the earlier models of b nylon jackets though, especially early candy Cane, very authentic

JonnyCrow

Yep, generally agree. I'm a big fan of Buzz Rickson's cloth jackets, but I don't give the leather stuff a second look. A special point of frustration is that they (or RMC? Can't recall - it may even just be a rumor) are the only maker apart from Eastman to have taken their A-1 jacket pattern from an original...and they choose to make it out of horsehide. :rolleyes: I get that capeskin isn't everyone's cup of tea, but could you at least give us the option of authentic materials to match the pattern???
Funny you mention Horsehide Jan, my Japanese made A2 is horse but its so supple and broken, plus I won it for 70 euros, its as good a authentic budget copy as its going to get even down to the rust cotton lining and stampings , for what it is I like it, but! I wouldn't pay buzz current prices their cloth jackets however like you I love them