• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's On Your Jacket Or Want On Your Jacket ?

442RCT

Just wondering what jacket art you guys have on your jacket and if none, what you're considering ? If you have any, would you post a pic or two of it.

When I was 'designing' jacket art, this was pre-photoshop mind you. I'd make a proper sized copy of the airplane or pin-up girl I wanted then do a cut and paste job onto a piece of paper.

I'm not a 'purist' in that I want a jacket that replicates a WW2 design. I want an airplane and a pin-up girl or cartoon character on my jacket. At one time, I was designing a couple of personal jackets based on airplanes I liked. One was for an A-10 Warthog with sharks mouth and a stylized fantasy harem girl pin-up, with the top banner, "HOG HEAVEN". Another was for a Douglas A-1 Skyraider (Spad) running a "Sandy" mission, suppressing ground fire for a Jolly Green helo going in to rescue a downed airman. The jacket would have: A Spad, a Jolly Green in the background, and of course, a 60's or 70's era pin-up girl with the banner, "SANDY"

Other jacket art I'd like to design, would be a jacket to commemorate the P-38 pilots of the 339 FS that shot down Adm. Yamamoto. I've already done one P-38 jacket for someone else so it'd be pretty much the same design, I might take artistic license and be historically inaccurate because I'd prefer a silver skinned P-38 instead of the historically accurate OD green P-38 flown by Rex Barber (silver just looks better against a brown/russet jacket). The top banner would read: "LIGHTNING STRIKE". The pin-up would be a fetching period Varga girl.

One honorable mention design I'd like to give a shout out for is Jerome's, Dragon Lady B-29.
Love it, flawless design and execution....http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/14938652

442RCT

Little Patches

“Little Patches” B-17G-25-BO was delivered by Ferry Command, to Bassingbourn in late January 1944. Originally assigned to the 324th BS, she received heavy flak damage two weeks later on a mission to Frankfurt, Germany, was repaired with a lot of metal patches to the nose area, and then was named “Little Patches” by Lt. William Major.

In early May 1944 she was re-assigned to the 401st BS, where she stayed the remainder of the war. She finished her career with over 100 sorties flown, as well as safely harbored 34 different crews and never lost a crewman. Little Patches returned to the United States on 6/11/45. Retired from service at Kingman, Arizona 12/7/45 for salvage, along side countless other B-17’s.

Apparently, the girl in "Little Patches" started as a blond but after a fire, she was repainted as a brunette by the well known nose artist, Tony Starcer.

Thanks for posting your picture.

442RCT

How often do you wear it ?

Another fantastic Jerome painted jacket. Can I ask how often you wear it ? I recently purchased a Jerome painted jacket and wore it a couple of times to show off to some friends, but I can't imagine wearing it on any kind of regular basis, I'm shadowboxing it and hanging it on a wall.

better duck

I have this one, made through Gary Eastman, some 20 years ago, artwork copied from a B&W photo in Gary Valants "Vintage Nose Art":

BetterDuckcloseup.jpg

The 'r' on 'Better' wasn't quite right so I scraped off some paint:

IMG_1450.jpg

Furthermore, I have a long-term project (been running of and on for two years now) in the pipeline, delivery expected sometime in the next few months...:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=118

ausreenactor

Gents..

Have Jerome's 'Murder Inc' on the back of a very neat ELC RW 27752. Rarely Worn. Only used for avatars and backyard snaps. And have a 'retrotech' ELC Air Comfort with Jerome at present. Using the WWII Nose Art style we are trying to commemorate my service under MAJ Jigga Duggan. 'Duggan's Heroes'. One of the finest pilots/bosses I have worked with. Have worked with plenty. Like the quote in Band of Brothers "some officers, you wouldn't follow them into water" I would follow Jigga anywhere... Will be worth the wait when we all see it. More for the kids to get a piece of starter art, albeit a unique hand me down.

Couchy