• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year was my Avirex jacket made?

Mohdify

I had recently picked up an old avirex jacket at a price that I couldn’t resist—200 rm (roughly 50 US). It’s a lambskin jacket that has seen some wear so I know this wasn’t a new jacket. On the leather pull tab it states the contract 1978 (picture down below) but I’m unsure if that’s just a reproduction label to make the jacket feel more authentic.
E8514B25-387A-4970-9274-40291A137B94.jpeg
ADD1EF56-96EB-44F6-AA39-D69C27923527.jpeg
9003ACB8-E4A9-4B94-A2F7-28C9B0E55C22.jpeg
91F24919-8B7B-408A-97E6-886B286395D1.jpeg
101062A6-5366-4851-92AC-010895586607.jpeg

B-Man2

I’ll take a guess at it based on what I know about Avirex jackets . That’s what is known here as a mall jacket because of the construction. Wide shoulders and upper arms with a taper down to the waist . It’s a commercial jacket that was made during the early 1980s . If could have been made at anytime during the period written in the jacket 1978 about 1986 or there about . That’s all I have .

Kennyz

You did really well on the price, Mohdify - seems to be in fine shape, and I've always liked avirex antique lambskin!

Ken

I had recently picked up an old avirex jacket at a price that I couldn’t resist—200 rm (roughly 50 US). It’s a lambskin jacket that has seen some wear so I know this wasn’t a new jacket. On the leather pull tab it states the contract 1978 (picture down below) but I’m unsure if that’s just a reproduction label to make the jacket feel more authentic.
View attachment 52967View attachment 52968View attachment 52969View attachment 52970View attachment 52971

busdrivermike

Interesting, I believe I’ve seen that exact model at a store in Edmonton so I don’t
Know if as the late 70s or 80s , but it could be I’m not sure but I know that’s a great
Price you paid , the store here was asking nearly $900 Canadian before the pandemic

Mohdify

You did really well on the price, Mohdify - seems to be in fine shape, and I've always liked avirex antique lambskin!

Ken
Hello Ken! I honestly think that the seller didn’t really knew what he was selling as he was he had been buying bundles of used clothing to resell—this jacket was probably in one of the bundles he had purchased. About the lambskin, it’s absolutely beautiful. It’s unbelievably soft and flexible. The only downside for me was that this jacket is a little big for me even though it’s XS. I’m assuming that during the time this jacket was made it was primarily focused on American consumers, my Asian 5’5 build makes me look like I’m a kid wearing his dad’s clothing whenever I put the jacket on.

Mohdify

Interesting, I believe I’ve seen that exact model at a store in Edmonton so I don’t
Know if as the late 70s or 80s , but it could be I’m not sure but I know that’s a great
Price you paid , the store here was asking nearly $900 Canadian before the pandemic
Hello Mike! I couldn’t believe myself when I saw it’s price and I knew I had to get it immediately before anyone got their hands on it. It’s a little big for me because I’m a skinny 5’5 Asian man, but it’ll make a beautiful display piece next to picture of the Mustang fighter planes in my man cave. 900 Canadian?! Wow that’s some big money that I’m grateful I didn’t pay for.

Mohdify

I’ll take a guess at it based on what I know about Avirex jackets . That’s what is known here as a mall jacket because of the construction. Wide shoulders and upper arms with a taper down to the waist . It’s a commercial jacket that was made during the early 1980s . If could have been made at anytime during the period written in the jacket 1978 about 1986 or there about . That’s all I have .
Hello B-Man2! Thank you so much for giving what you know about avirex pieces. I never heard the term “mall jacket” so that’s something I’d definitely look into.