• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what year is the 23378 contract from?

Tim P

Monarch A-2, as replicated by ELC.. what year was that contract from?
I am considering the addition of a decal and, while I know any A-2 may have ended up with one from a reissue (which this one will sort of be once I get it) I was just curious as to whether this contract could have had them organically.

ta
Tim

greyhound52

Tim,
I believe it was a wartime issue as it has Property of USAAF on the spec tag. So I would reckon 41 to 43 at the latest. My original never had one on it but that don't mean a thing as you well know. My original RW 18091 which was a pre-war issue has one as it went through depot maintanance at some point.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
From ELC: Awarded to Monarch in mid ’41, it was the only AAF contract for A-2’s they received, and for a relatively small quantity ...

Full Gear lists under Guessed Fiscal as 1942.

My russet Dubow has a decal, but I'd be just as happy without it. It restricts my ability to lean against the wall in my shop doorway.

Tim P

I think I may leave that and have it as an option on the seal .50cal or a seal Goodwear Aero I plan to get in the future. maybe a tasteful little name tag.

Tim P

oh I wasnt born anytime recently. this is a long standing additction. I have nearly beat it twice. :lol:

lifes too short though.

Swing

Awarded during the second half of '41, produced in early/mid '42.

AAF shoulder decals started going on A-2s in mid to late '44. They could have wound up on any A-2 contract, whether it was a jacket made in '32 or one of the final contract from summer '44.

~Swing