• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Price Glory my experience and its not good Re My Irvin

Bombing IP

Bought an Irvin Jacket from WPG I have cut and pasted the emails so you get an Idea what you are dealing with .In this day an age where its important to keep customers with so few of us in work this company and its supplier do not give a shit about you only the money you send there way .

profile_mask2.png

Jeff Wyman <[email protected]>
Sep 30, 2020, 6:59 PM

to sales This is the 5th email I sent them before I got a reply ?

Hi I am not sure if you are getting my emails I am sending from your site .So I am sending it to your email address listed . I received the Irvin very quick and it's very nice ,just one issue all the metalware is rusty .This includes the rings on the collars ,the eyelets in the belt .The belt buckle is rusty so are the eyelets under the arm for venting .The jacket does not appear to have any smell of mildew or mold . Have other customers had issues ,appreciate your comments on this .

Rgds jeff

profile_mask2.png

Wajed MalikOct 1, 2020, 5:08 AM

profile_mask2.png

Wajed Malik <[email protected]>
Thu, Oct 1, 2020, 5:08 AM

to warehouse, me

Hi Jeff,

This is first report we have had of this. Can you send some photos?

Usually WD-40 will clean up the zippers, but buckle and rings might be another matter.

Regards,

Jerry
Regards,
W Malik
Sales Manager
[email protected]

profile_mask2.png

Jeff WymanOct 1, 2020, 7:23 AM

profile_mask2.png

Thu, Oct 1, 2020, 7:23 AM

to Wajed

Hi Here are the pictures as requested the collar rings were cleaned up by me with steel wool as there was chrome left .
Let me know if you need anymore pictures .The zip on the jacket are perfect both on the arms and chest closure .
Rgds Jeff
cleardot.gif

7 Attachments

profile_mask2.png

Jeff WymanOct 13, 2020, 6:12 PM

profile_mask2.png

Tue, Oct 13, 2020, 6:12 PM

to Wajed

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Part 2 of the saga

I have never been ignored like this when I have an issue with a product . You tell me you want pictures and you never reply to me you or Jerry from the USA .Which says to me you have no interest in customer service .
.I am going to do 2 things I am going to post on the Vintage leather jacket Forum exactly what went on here from start to finish with pictures and emails and let the boys know what kind of operation you run .Two you will never see me again as a customer nor within my circles will I ever recommend your company or your products .

sincerely Jeff Wyman

profile_mask2.png

Wajed MalikOct 14, 2020, 7:11 AM

profile_mask2.png

Oct 14, 2020, 7:11 AM

to wpglory, me

Hi Jeff,

We never ignore our clients. Jerry have had replied you about instructions how to clean it and if you did not get that email then you see it below as reference.

If you are not satisfied with quality of jacket then w can send you return label to send it back for refund and we will refund you order in full including postage. See Jerry reply below he sent you on 1 Oct 2020.

Hi Jeff,

profile_mask2.png

Jeff WymanOct 14, 2020, 8:01 AM

Yes but there was no follow up until I wrote last night ,his message was dated Oct 1st that's 2 weeks ago . You call this customer service ? I call it being ignored . He also said buckle and rings is another matter and alluded he did not know about this problem .He told me how to fix a problem I did not have WD40 on a zip come on I am not an idiot .
cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

Wajed MalikOct 14, 2020, 9:02 AM

profile_mask2.png

Wed, Oct 14, 2020, 9:02 AM

to jerry, me

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Part 3 of the saga
Hi Jeff,

We will send you return shipping label and refund your order in full and we apologize for all the inconvenience caused .

Regards,
W Malik
Sales Manager
[email protected]
Cell:+971-505052501
To: Wajed Malik [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 14:01:39 +0100

profile_mask2.png

Jeff WymanOct 14, 2020, 1:43 PM

profile_mask2.png

Wed, Oct 14, 2020, 1:43 PM

to Wajed

Wajid thanks for your email ,I wish I could of kept this cordial but it seemed to be going nowhere with regards to the jacket issues . The jacket fits me well the leather graining is good as is the construction .If you want to help me out give me a partial refund so I can have it fixed locally new eyelets and a buckle and you will close the issue with a satisfied customer .Were not talking a lot just enough to cover the cost of repairs locally. I would sooner keep this jacket as a replacement I may not like as much ,leather is like fingerprints there all different .

Rgds Jeff

profile_mask2.png

Wajed MalikOct 15, 2020, 2:22 AM
Hi Jeff, Thanks for your understanding and email. We shall refund you for $25 for repairing cost locally. Please let us know if that's okay with you ? Sent: Wed

profile_mask2.png

Jeff WymanOct 15, 2020, 7:40 AM
Hi Wajid that will be fine thankyou consider the issue rectified . Rgds jeff

profile_mask2.png

Wajed MalikOct 17, 2020, 6:22 AM
Hi Jeff, Okay we will process refund of $25. 123325 26/09/2020 PayPal Express Checkout 319 25 17/10/2020 wajed repairing for jacket PayPal Express Checkout No H

profile_mask2.png

Jeff WymanOct 17, 2020, 8:06 AM
My address for the Pay pal is tlook.com

profile_mask2.png

Wajed MalikOct 18, 2020, 6:09 AM
Hi Jerry, Can you please process this refund soon. [email protected] Sent: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 14:06:06 +0100

profile_mask2.png

Took 2 weeks to get a refund from these people ?

profile_mask2.png

profile_mask2.png

Jeff WymanJan 13, 2021, 12:42 PM (22 hours ago)

Wed, Jan 13, 12:42 PM (22 hours ago)

to Wajed

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Part 4
Hi Wajed I have been wearing my Irvin jacket and have been enjoying it .However the buckle broke in half and fell off .I managed to get another one but while I was waiting to get the new buckle the belt that holds the buckle fell off ,it appears that it was only single stitched and this came loose .I can send you a picture .Would it be possible to help me out with another, I do not need the buckle .

Rgds Jeff
cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

Wajed Malik5:41 AM (5 hours ago)

profile_mask2.png

Wajed Malik
5:41 AM (5 hours ago)

to me

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear that. Buckles really crap on these wonderful jackets. Unfortunately we do not have spare buckles and belts.
cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

10:13 AM (56 minutes ago)

to Wajed

So let me get this right I send you an email the details of what I am asking you do not understand .You make the jackets at your location yet you cannot supply me with a piece of leather to replace a belt .Secondly I said I had a replacement belt buckle and do not need a buckle just the leather !.You then go on to reply to me that you do not have buckles or belts at the point of manufacture . What you really mean is you flat out do not want to help me out ,your on your own we got your money now go away . I am a member of the VLJ forum and I will be posting this information to the 3800 members to let them know what a wonderful company you are not . You have proven yourself to me your on the same level as the guy who owns WPG and he is as about as much use as a pocket on the back of a shirt .

Jeff
cleardot.gif

no_photo.png
Buy from these clowns at your own risk . The jacket is ok for the money and I am glad to have it but I think of the customer support and being ignored every time I wear it .The owner Jerry is a sacastic SOB and wajid only acts when threatened . I say lick em an stick em to the both of them .

BIP out

Last edited:

Dimitry M

Interesting. The only issue I have had is that they never reply to any of my emails. I have 3 things from them but I only got 2 directly from WPG. None have any issues except for the rubber ear cups on my A-11 don't fit receivers so I had to carve the rubber out some and cut the chamois.

dinomartino1

Whenever I have sent emails with questions about their products I have never received replies which put me off ever buying from them.
The problem always seems to be that one thing you want always seems to only sold by the company you don't want to deal with, a few things I want that WPG have and only they sell but I won't be buying.
SOF in the UK very good at responding to customers.

B-Man2

I don’t know if any of you remember WPG’s original website, but it was a snapshot of the owners personality . It was filled with rants about don’t bother us with this or that and I’m tired of answering dumb questions, if you have to ask don’t do it here. Stuff along those lines . Lots of sarcasm . Anyone remember that website ? It was prior to this one .

Nickb123

That first blank reply looked like an email that never sent. Perhaps a technical error?

it’s too bad they couldn’t have just sent you the part you needed (having no spares would imply that no future jacket ever being made again, lol), so I don’t buy it either. That said, perhaps it’s their company policy to not sell off individual pieces? Who knows.

ausreenactor

Sorry to hear that. I recently had a good experience with them handling a replacement for a hat where the wrong size was sent in error. My experience with them was fine.
Same,
I wish I had a dollar for every dollar I have spent with At The Front or What Price Glory.

Haven't had an issue in twenty years. One return went smoothly and they offered to walk me around the warehouse in 2008 in Dubai...

I think the issue is the delay in the email responses in your case. It could have been overlooked or blended. I would have sent the jacket back and swapped it out..

Smithy

I've had a few things from WPG over the years, and they were a bit hit and miss. I got a "pre-release" A-2 and it's awesome, on the back of it I ordered another one when they first released and it was shit.

ATF though I wouldn't hesitate to recommend, their stuff is top notch, usually very, very accurate and best of all, all the items I've had from them were made as if they were military issue stuff from the war, so made tough, not like some vendors' offerings which can be very "cosplay delicate".

Bought a few things from SOF, and haven't had a bad experience with them. Incredible customer service too, they sent me the wrong helmet once and said to keep it, and promptly shipped me the proper one I had ordered as well. Great people.

MikeyB-17

I don’t know if any of you remember WPG’s original website, but it was a snapshot of the owners personality . It was filled with rants about don’t bother us with this or that and I’m tired of answering dumb questions, if you have to ask don’t do it here. Stuff along those lines . Lots of sarcasm . Anyone remember that website ? It was prior to this one .
Yeah, I do remember that, Burt. Quite entertaining, but a bit like Stu Clurman’s famous rants, I’m sure it prompted many to say ‘bugger you then, I’ll take my business elsewhere’.

MikeyB-17

Perhaps it was ATF. It was a while ago. Burt’s not imagining it though, there was definitely one company’s site with a rant as he describes. So-called experts telling him he was doing XYZ wrong, etc.

Last edited:

foster

At The Front's website used to have the rants. I do not remember that on the WPG website.

At The Front is catching some criticism recently as the coloration on some of their current M-1943 field jackets is more than a bit off.

Bombing IP

In this day an age I think we can all agree that sales are down and people are not spending money on luxuries . So the traffic that comes your way you should take care of because if they like the service and the product they will recommend to others and you to return to buy more !. . I once spoke to a motivational speaker about how businesses could improve their sales ,he was adamant that no amount of advertising in all media platforms would not return in sales the amount of money spent . The biggest boost to sales was word of mouth especially from people you trust . With the game that WPG is playing it is sure to hurt them ,but they know best and will not be told how to run their own company . So the end scenario the business will climb to the owners own level of incompetance and will stagnate at that point ,because no one will question the King ! .

In the posted emails never once did Jerry try to remedy my problems he made a statement about a past problem with a zip with another customer and that was it .

Last edited: