• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

D97x7

Collar up sort of morning
Eastman Roughwear B-3
IMG_20221208_093017_edit_150533089446821_copy_3168x4224.jpg

JonnyCrow

thanks Grant, it is really lovely. i found the whistle in a cloth handkerchief in the inner pocket. There is also a nice USNR-pin on the backside of the collar. I wear it really rarely. It should probably be in a museum ;). The pilot flew B-24s with VFB-105 from Dunkeswell/UK searching submarines along France and Spains' atlantic coast.
I love finds Cyril, 7 years ago I sold a German U boat jacket original, in the pocket was a old gingham handkerchief, a remains of a German cigarette and a Hitler pfennig :) it went to Iowa USA

newagegeezer

sunny and bright in London today but feels very cold so just been out in the old leather & teddy bear '30s - '40s car coat, didn't take photo but here's one from last year or year before. Something different from the usual military here (have sold my Irvins and B3 so can't wrap up in those any more. Tonight I think I might have to use the stone hot water bottle as it should be used instead of a door stop...
IMG_3555.JPG

JonnyCrow

thanks Grant, it is really lovely. i found the whistle in a cloth handkerchief in the inner pocket. There is also a nice USNR-pin on the backside of the collar. I wear it really rarely. It should probably be in a museum ;). The pilot flew B-24s with VFB-105 from Dunkeswell/UK searching submarines along France and Spains' atlantic coast.
Cyril incidentally, Franco allowed those u boats to land up in the bay of Biscay

JonnyCrow

Yes but it's not bad, winters have been so mild in recent years it's nice to have a bit of frost etc. I'm old enough to remember when the UK had proper winters with prolonged spells of snow and freezing weather.
Totally true Steve, remember the winter of 76, god that was cold, I lived up near the sticks in Hull then as a kid, here it's even milder, I remember working up on the Yorkshire wolds in the eighties and our works van had to be towed out