• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ES335

Paid a visit to my one of my local aviation museums today, at the former RAF St. Mawgan, now Newquay airport. Been before, but due to a useless, self-serving local council, it’s under threat of closure, so we popped over for what might be the last time. It was pretty draughty, so I was glad of the Bronson N-1. They’ve acquired a couple of new Tornadoes since I was last there, plus the Lightning, previously wingless in the hangar, has been reassembled. View attachment 83815
Canberra cockpit-note the harness manufacturer!
View attachment 83816
In the Harrier cockpit. It was tight!
View attachment 83817
Tornado
View attachment 83818
Canberra

View attachment 83820
Lightning
Very cool pics. The Harrier is quite possibly the loudest aircraft (or anything else for that matter) I've ever heard...

Pa12

Never heard a harrier, but I think the oldest I’ve heard was the Vulcan bomber when they used to bring it for the air shows. Wow!

ES335

I mean, 'effin' pants waving, internal organ rearraging loud, lol. Anyway, thanks for the pics. Shame on that councilman.

Sideslip

Nice. There was one for sale on barnstormers but with a big Lycoming. From what I’ve heard, they’re a much better airplane then the tiger moth. Had an opportunity to fly a tiger this summer and have to agree with what my dad said all his life about them. Bit of a dog. And the novelty of maintaining that old Gypsy engine would wear off pretty fast with me.
We may need to continue this enjoyable conversation as a different thread, maybe under "Life beyond the Internet" or "Flight Deck". I know that there are some other current or former taking a break or certainly prospective flyers here.

Pa12

We may need to continue this enjoyable conversation as a different thread, maybe under "Life beyond the Internet" or "Flight Deck". I know that there are some other current or former taking a break or certainly prospective flyers here.
Ok

B-Man2

THE GOOD NEWS!:)
It’s rainy and finally cool enough to wear a GW 21996 and post in this thread!
AC2DEA74-3B96-41EC-895B-FA5766BD5B95.jpeg

THE BAD NEWS :rolleyes:
We’re about to have a friggin hurricane !!
3AED93AC-92A7-4384-B1BB-E96303729CC5.gif

Just can’t win
056BA4A5-FF1F-402E-8931-6785E572902C.gif

Lorenzo_l

THE GOOD NEWS!:)
It’s rainy and finally cool enough to wear a GW 21996 and post in this thread!
View attachment 83912

THE BAD NEWS :rolleyes:
We’re about to have a friggin hurricane !!

Just can’t win

What a gorgeous jacket, Burt. There is something about a GW. When I spot one in a picture, it just looks different. It just looks better than any other repro. Wear it in good health and hold on to your hat in that gale!