• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

tjoenn

Nice. A roadster I assume. Couple of model A parts were used on small aircraft in the 40’s. Your fuel guage was used on aeronca aircraft and most of the pipers used model A window crank handles for elevator trim handles.
It's a phaeton actually, always wanted one. Not the best fit for Norway, but I only drive in nice weather anyway. Did not know that about the parts - interesting. First thing I did to my car was to fix the fuel gauge... the float was stuck to the bottom of the tank.

Pa12

Also the engines were used in a few homebuilt aircraft. Most notably the pietenpol aircamper. They were installed backwards with the prop installed on the flywheel.

ES335

Not exactly rockets at 40 hp but with a big prop and a light aircraft, they managed.
I'm surpised that w/o gearing, 40hp would swing anything over 50". The scale model community is pushing those hp figures. But I defer to the experts, not interested in arguing.

Pa12

I'm surpised that w/o gearing, 40hp would swing anything over 50". The scale model community is pushing those hp figures. But I defer to the experts, not interested in arguing.
Yeah , 40 hp is more of an ultralight 2 stroke engine, but they pull it off on the pietenpol. You’ll find lots of YouTube videos on them. Most have re engines them with aircraft engines 65 to 100 hp range, which is more like it. But some like to keep it true to the original design with the model A engine. I saw one last year at a fly in. Wouldn’t catch me in one. Pretty anemic. Looked like a 100 ft per minute climb. Scary. They also put corvair engines on them. 72 inch prop, low rpm on the model A engine.

Wz1999

Dubow 27798
BB720EC5-FB9C-41B0-9388-5598CD780FB2.jpeg

9498161D-C042-47F3-9964-1213F38C98B5.jpeg