• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

Going way back. 1990. Had just done the test flight on L-5 after complete restoration. This was my second Avirex (the shitty one) though it don’t look half bad in the picture ;)
8FBCF5EC-BE55-4DA8-B148-DC030B4A444B.jpeg

Brettafett

Newly acquired Star D series G-1 size 42. Its a nice jacket, gorgeous mouton, relatively clean and tidy, leather needs some conditioning... but as usual the sleeves are too short.
Standing like a statue, it 'look's fine, but any lifting of the arms has the sleeves ride up over 2"... My C series Star size 40 fit better.
I cant return this, got hit with postage, import duties and taxes as usual, wont recoup ££ trying to sell it. This was likely my last original G-1 attempt. Its simply not worth it.
My AVI fits better, was way cheaper and is not far off quality wise, when compared side by side.
P1280374.JPG

Last edited:

Lorenzo_l

I tend to agree with Dmitry here. The fit looks quite good and while the sleeves look like they could be an inch longer, I'd say it's well within acceptable fit parameters for an issued, off-the-shelf jacket.
I know it must be really frustrating that it is so hard for you to find an original G-1 that really fits the way you want but IMHO, this one looks like a pretty decent fit!

pierregloom

Newly acquired Star D series G-1 size 42. Its a nice jacket, gorgeous mouton, relatively clean and tidy, leather needs some conditioning... but as usual the sleeves are too short.
Standing like a statue, it 'look's fine, but any lifting of the arms has the sleeves ride up over 2"... My C series Star size 40 fit better.
I cant return this, got hit with postage, import duties and taxes as usual, wont recoup ££ trying to sell it. This was likely my last original G-1 attempt. Its simply not worth it.
My AVI fits better, was way cheaper and is not far off quality wise, when compared side by side.
View attachment 81834
It's gorgous ! I'm curious to know how much it could have cost? Just to be prepared in case I had the opportunity to find an original like this one someday...

B-Man2

Brett
The jacket looks like it’s a great looking
G-1. It’s a shame that the sleeves are too short on you. If you have a 36 or 37 inch arm length than I’d agree with you. Custom made flight jackets are the way to go. Very few originals were made with those length arms, even in the larger sizes .

Kermit3D

I was thinking that left sleeve was just a tad shorter. It may be time to start planning a trip to central or south America for a budget arm shortening surgery. What could go wrong?
I will go with Brett, I have the same problem as him.

I have a chest for size 40 jackets, I have shoulders for size 42 jackets and I have arms for size 44 jackets.... I am definitely not well designed ! :oops: