• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

newagegeezer

For Throwback Weds (a day late) I'm offering one of my original Irvin's and USAAF flying trousers on my 1943 Willys on a Dday Normandy tour, either '84 or '89 (from a polaroid so can't look up date taken as you can with digital) and the other one taken last year, both sold now, still have the trousers if anyone interested.
016.JPG
IMG_3170.JPG

Dany McDonald

Hi Newagegeezer,

Amazing memento you have shared, that jeep, irving and trousers makes an impressive kit and that model face!

It strange but to my eye it's as if you were wearing a Wehrmacht splinter pattern gabardine under the irving....

Dany

newagegeezer

Hi Dany,
you've got good eyes... actually it's Italian camouflage, from 50s/60s ? (I bought along with the trousers in a flea market in Milan in the '70s, think I posted wearing them in this forum a year or so ago), think it was almost (exactly ?) the same as teh German, or perhaps they used teh Italian version ???, someone will know... it was freezing so I was layering up, we didn't bother too much with perfect "uniforms" back in those days.
Here's another backward glance with the Willys... in original M422A at Pegasus Bridge in '84 or 89
jeep 897.jpg

Flightengineer

No jacket today, day 3 of Covid. Sweating through all my clothes. :(

Good news is the ELC Dubow arrives soon. I’m okay with loss of taste, but if I lose my ability to smell leather I’m going to be an unhappy camper.
Nick, don't worry, everything will pass, I've overcome this infection twice, it's just the flu, the sense of smell and taste will definitely return, wish you a speedy recovery.

Dany McDonald

Here's another backward glance with the Willys... in original M422A at Pegasus Bridge in '84 or 89

Hi Newagegeezer,

I think I know which camo you are referring to, the M1929 Telo Mimetico that had many variation over the years. I am sure that design did influence Otto Schick in the 30's when he was task with developing a new camo system for the germans.

I admire your history of collecting and travels. Visiting Pegasus bridge in jeep in an original M422A... You've set the bar very high man!

Like Burt and Steve, your anecdotes are always fun to read.

Again, thank you for sharing, appreciated and looking forward to another glance at the past.

Dany

Last edited: